Forums Latest Members

Helvetia - Switzerland : Biel/Bienne Grenchen area 2022

1. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 8, 2022

As photo-heavy topics are a " thing " these days...
    :coffee:
    On invitation by 4 "major" brands in the Biel/Bienne & Grenchen area in Kanton Bern - Suisse
    Almost the complete Watch Industry area stands in scaffolding as buildings are being renewed.
    Grenchen Airport LSZG welcomes Corporate business jets, of which 88% come because of the watch industry!
    Visited Omega museum Bienne (Lunar Lander mockup outside), Breitling Grenchen (Spitfire on the roof) and FORTIS watches... and a brand I won't mention :whistling: (but has been mentioned in a YouTube video).
    FORTIS watches offered a personal up-close hands-on to the 42 chronographs which were found in a safe as FORTIS changed ownership in 2018...
    Best news is the fact that FORTIS watches will open a wrist watch museum in their original 1912 building !
    :thumbsup:
    . (Photos: MoonwatchUniverse)
    Swiss-LSZG-DC3.jpg Swiss-LSZG-Breitling.jpg Swiss-LSZG-Hamilton.jpg Swiss-LSZG-SoloHB-PLZ.jpg MontresOMEGA.jpg Breitling-Spitfire2022_CH.jpg

Edited Jun 8, 2022
  2. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 8, 2022

As FORTIS watches looks to the future with their Titanium case AMADEE-20 chronograph (Mars desert simulation time piece), they are working on a brand new floor in the original 1912 building which will house the FORTIS museum by spring/summer of next year 2023 !
    :coffee:
    Again a huge thanks to the small but dedicated FORTIS team to allow me to handle the early 1990s chronographs which have been tested by Roscosmos and were returned with test papers signed by the head of StarCity to FORTIS watches Grenchen.
    In total 42 FORTIS chronographs were found in a safe and these are amazing chronographs, I know as during a couple of hours, I handled and photographed each & every one ...
    ;)
    (Photos: MoonwatchUniverse)
    HQ-FORTIS_scaff.jpg FORTIS-entrée.jpg Test-FORTIS.jpg
    Testing at FORTIS
    From left-to-right: 5000 pusher test in a matter of time, bezel turning, bracelet twist, lead ball on glass, glass suction, etc...

3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 8, 2022

More background info about the trays with 42 FORTIS chronographs, tested in 1993, leading up to the Official Cosmonauts Chronograph
    28:28 onwards

Omegafanman likes this.
  4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 9, 2022

Photos or didn't happen... I hear You all say
    An amazing experience at Fortis Watches handling these 46 historic pieces without fuzzz (no gloves, trust and a dedicated team!).
    :eek:
    MWU-Fortis2.jpg G-FORTIS_S98-13530.jpg

Dash1 and Ron_W like this.
  5. Ron_W Jun 9, 2022

Treasure trove, bounty cave, something like that ?? :)

SpeedyPhill likes this.
  6. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jul 19, 2022

Indeed, it was an enjoyable visit with an interesting look behind the scenes with a dedicated team at FORTIS !