Forums Latest Members
  1. tyrantlizardrex Sep 6, 2016

Afternoon all,

Planning a trip to Bienne, and getting a little confused on the route options.

I can go from LHR to either Basel, or Zurich, and then catch a train.

It looks likeZurich is a bit more straight forward (you get on at the airport and stay until Biel).

Has anyone made the trip before?

Any advice?

Thanks!

Chris

2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Sep 6, 2016

We took the train from Zurich and on the way back took the boat to Solothurn, then the train from there back to Zurich. It was easy to do in a day, even with the slow boat, which is a lovely way to see the countryside.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. Finrod Felagund Sep 6, 2016

I plan to go soon from Geneva! If a car ride have your interest you're most welcome to join!

4. TMas Sep 7, 2016

Both Zürich and Basel are good options and pretty direct. The train system here is top notch and comfy, you won't have any problems, even with connections. Been planning a trip out there soon too since its only an hour or so drive for me from here in Lucerne. I'm a bit embarrassed I haven't made it over there yet. What are you going there for mainly, the museum? It is a beautiful town.

fibonacci086 likes this.
  5. fibonacci086 Sep 7, 2016

I'm a kind of a local. Good advices from TMas. Let me know if you have time for a drink when you're there !

TMas likes this.
  6. TMas Sep 7, 2016

Hey, don't get together for a drink with out me...

7. tyrantlizardrex Sep 7, 2016

I managed to get a place for the fratello event, so looking like I'll fly to Zurich on the 27th, train to Biel/Bienne that evening, and wake up refreshed... Then head back to London on the 29th.

8. fibonacci086 Sep 7, 2016

Lucky you....I'll be on a business trip abroad at that time. Enjoy !

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  9. TMas Sep 7, 2016

I can't believe I didn't see that the event was going on until now. Looks like I missed my chance. It sounds REALLY fun!