Help with this vintage Omega bumper watch Cal. 342 Case 14925

Hi, I hope to get some feedback, opinions about this vintage bumper Omega watch which I got from Ebay for about $320.00 (USD.) It works and winds smoothly. It keeps time relatively well. Although I think the bumper movement might be missing the springs since it seems to "bump" harshly/agressively (for lack of a better term) as compared to my other vintage bumper Omega watches. I also find the case as a bit odd (not an expert here.) in terms of the lugs. The dial seems too clean which I think was well done if it was a re-dial and I believe the hands specially the sub-dial hand are replacements. There is no Swiss on the bottom of the dial, at least nothing visible.

I forgot to mention, I think the crown is small or not proportional, but it is signed.

The movement is a cal 342 with the number as 11458045. Case number which I'm basing off the caseback is 14925. The caseback has beautiful perlage to it. No markings on the outer caseback.

Thank you for your time, help and knowledge.

Attached are the photos.

Sorry for some of the poor photos.

Looks to be a ref 14925 with cal 342 as noted. The dial is poorly repainted. Hopefully that was disclosed by the seller. The movement appears to be in pretty rough shape.

Looks to be a ref 14925 with cal 342 as noted. The dial is poorly repainted. Hopefully that was disclosed by the seller. The movement appears to be in pretty rough shape.

I don't recall the dial being mentioned as being re-painted. At least it doesn't seem to have any paint on the hour markers. I can't tell about the movement. How can you tell that it's in rough shape? Although I think it is, since I can feel it as it "bumps." Thank you.

With some experience you will easily identify the signs of repainting. For example, the sharp edge of the subdial is gone because a thick layer of paint was applied over the original. The printing is sloppy and uneven, with incorrect fonts. The minute track is mis-aligned, etc. Sometimes a dial has been repainted pretty well and it can be hard to tell, but this isn't one of those dials.

Many parts in the movement are worn, scratched, pitted, and discolored, which is not generally a sign that it has been well cared for.

With some experience you will easily identify the signs of repainting. For example, the sharp edge of the subdial is gone because a thick layer of paint was applied over the original. The printing is sloppy and uneven, with incorrect fonts. The minute track is mis-aligned, etc. Sometimes a dial has been repainted pretty well and it can be hard to tell, but this isn't one of those dials.

Many parts in the movement are worn, scratched, pitted, and discolored, which is not generally a sign that it has been well cared for.

Thank you!

Lots of reasons it was only $320! 😲

Check and see that the rotor reaches both ends and touches the springs under the rotor bridge

if the winding ratchet isn’t placed in the right place with the rotor gear. It won’t reach in far enough to hit the springs properly and make a clunky bump rather than a springy one.

also. Missing a screw on the rotor. Broken?

I thought it was a "franken" watch.

It is. Ref 14925 should house a center seconds caliber 351/354.

Lots of reasons it was only $320! 😲
Although anecdotal and based on what I can remember, I think there were a few good priced vintage bumper Omegas like the 351,354,355 that sold unexpensively, reasonable. One even had a honeycombed dial and one had its original (from what I can tell) acrylic crystal with the Omega logo.If I recall correctly these sold for 450 to 650 USD. I thought a lot of people were on a budget. These were listed on Ebay. I'll try to check if a few of them are on my file. I tend to save some of the photos that I wish I bought and because of the price.

These were in 2022-2023.

Although anecdotal and based on what I can remember, I think there were a few good priced vintage bumper Omegas like the 351,354,355 that sold unexpensively, reasonable. One even had a honeycombed dial and one had its original (from what I can tell) acrylic crystal with the Omega logo.If I recall correctly these sold for 450 to 650 USD. I thought a lot of people were on a budget. These were listed on Ebay. I'll try to check if a few of them are on my file. I tend to save some of the photos that I wish I bought and because of the price.
I think you can occasionally find a decent bumper in the $450-$650 range. But you need to be patient and know what you are looking for.

Check and see that the rotor reaches both ends and touches the springs under the rotor bridge

if the winding ratchet isn’t placed in the right place with the rotor gear. It won’t reach in far enough to hit the springs properly and make a clunky bump rather than a springy one.

also. Missing a screw on the rotor. Broken?
Thanks! I went to check with what you mentioned. It seems to be missing a screw, but instead of a screw, I think it has a jewel. Not sure of what it is called.

The last 2 photos are from my other 2 vintage Omegas. For comparison.

It's not a missing screw, it's a broken screw.

It's not a missing screw, it's a broken screw.
Okay. That makes sense. Thanks.
Edited: