Help with Seamaster De Ville please

Hi forum,

I know you must get this all the time from members just joined with a question so I'll understand if I'm shot down in flames.

I'm a member of other UK watch forums and have been a watch nerd for about 12 years but never really had to call on brand-specific knowledge.

I've owned Omega over this time, including a lovely blue dial 36mm AT, a 39 Railmaster 2500 calibre, an original SM300 552 calibre and an F300 hummer among the favourites.

I'm considering a trade for a 136.020 Seamaster De Ville, just serviced, polished, new glass etc., but the seller couldn't swear it hasn't been redialed. I'll add a few pics here and was hoping the vintage Omega experts might be able to help.

I've searched the forum already but couldn't conclusively find what I was looking for, although the few hours research has led me to suspect that the watch has indeed had a redial, or might even be fake?

Anyway, all help appreciated and thanks in advance.

53725386205_0f62cc869c_b.jpg

53725386210_4cf1e03823_b.jpg

53725295229_03a4f48dd0_b.jpg

I concur with your assessment.
The Omega script is irregularly spaced (even considering font kerning).

The "Seamaster", while not the worst I've seen, is sub-par (Seanaster style).

While all of the text is positioned correctily in vertical orientation, the small issues described above tell the story.

I concur with your assessment.
The Omega script is irregularly spaced (even considering font kerning).

The "Seamaster", while not the worst I've seen, is sub-par (Seanaster style).

While all of the text is positioned correctily in vertical orientation, the small issues described above tell the story.

Thanks for your assessment. Shame because the rest of it looks lovely.

I think the - of the letter t in Seamaster text should be aligned lower than the adjacent s's upper tail. And r should not be written that widely. The e in Omega should align with the space between the two ends of the Omega logo. Not sure if variations exist but this feels like the typical alignment to me.

But to be fair, the font, minute markers etc don't seem too bad of a readialling work. And it's nice that the seller at least implicitly acknowledges this by not offering it as an original dial. As the OP said, shame because the case and bracelet etc seem quite fine.