Help with Omega Constellation

Hello everyone.

I start this post to ask for help regarding my father's Omega Constellation. He died in 1995 and the watch has been in a jeweler's box ever since, but seems to work fine. He bought it in 1968.

Could you tell me the approximate value?

Do you recommend having it serviced by an official Omega Service Center? My intention is not to sell it but to use it myself.

My knowledge about watches is zero so any advice will be welcome.

I attach some photographs. I took it to a watchmaker just to have it opened so I could take pictures of the inside.

Thank you very much for your help.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

The reference number for your watch is 168.027, the case is 18K solid gold. These are referred to a "C" case Constellations. You can use this to search SOLD listings on eBay for an approximate value.

No need to have Omega service your watch, an independent watchmaker with an Omega parts account would be just fine and cheaper. DO NOT let them polish the case, just ultrasonically cleaned.

I would not use it until you have it serviced as the lubricants have long since dried out, even if it seems to work fine.

Lots of info here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-c-cased-constellation-thread.72308/
Edited:

Let us know where you’re based or do a quick search on the forum for recommendations for watchmakers in your country.

lovely heirloom

Nice watch.
I wonder if the crown is a replacement because it is not all gold?

Nice watch.
I wonder if the crown is a replacement because it is not all gold?

They never were all gold, just a cap over base-metal.

Thank you very much for all the information and recommendations! I really appreciate it. I live in Spain. All the best.

Value is $2000+ in my opinion, pretty rare to see solid 168.027's

Thank you very much for all the information and recommendations! I really appreciate it. I live in Spain. All the best.
Hola from a Spanish compatriot. Welcome to the forum. Nice watch!