Help with omega constellation purchase

Hi guys!

I’ve spotted this piece online and wanted to ask your expert opinion.

Omega Constellation 167.005 1967 34mm supposedly 14k gold bezel. Aftermarket strap. Only watch.

I’m not an omega expert, what do you think? Any advice on a fair price I should be willing to pay?

Thank you so much!

More pictures:

https://imgur.com/a/Qv05Yi8

Interesting! Thanks for your advice. What do you think is a fair price for one of these with a better case?

Hi luc,
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the clear pictures (the more the merrier).
“Price” is something that experts here don’t give to you like that. These beauties don’t have a sticker price any more. So it is a range that can vary a lot. Mostly depending on what you are willing to pay. Experts usually don’t even consider these type of watches with over polished cases and the value they give will be considerably lower than many others who are just getting into the hobby are willing to pay.
But I get what you are asking and want a ball park dollar figure. Of the constellations of this era. A solid gold will be the most expensive, followed by a steel( most favoured by some experts). Gold capped like you example will be the least desirable. To answer your question a pristine example (unpolished with great dial) should go for around 1500 dollars. This one considerably less. May be 600-800?. But best will be to see eBay sold listings( while using common sense to rule out shill bidded ones) and sales sections here and talk to the sellers. You will not only get a feel of the prices but may develop a taste for particular constellations, particularly case styles other models etc. any ways the hunt is half the fun of owning one. Happy hunting and may your watch have a great story.

Hi luc,
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the clear pictures (the more the merrier).
“Price” is something that experts here don’t give to you like that. These beauties don’t have a sticker price any more. So it is a range that can vary a lot. Mostly depending on what you are willing to pay. Experts usually don’t even consider these type of watches with over polished cases and the value they give will be considerably lower than many others who are just getting into the hobby are willing to pay.
But I get what you are asking and want a ball park dollar figure. Of the constellations of this era. A solid gold will be the most expensive, followed by a steel( most favoured by some experts). Gold capped like you example will be the least desirable. To answer your question a pristine example (unpolished with great dial) should go for around 1500 dollars. This one considerably less. May be 600-800?. But best will be to see eBay sold listings( while using common sense to rule out shill bidded ones) and sales sections here and talk to the sellers. You will not only get a feel of the prices but may develop a taste for particular constellations, particularly case styles other models etc. any ways the hunt is half the fun of owning one. Happy hunting and may your watch have a great story.

Thank you so much! That’s very helpful. I am definitely down for the ride, not looking for a quick purchase. Taking my time to study and learning about this great community! Cheers

Beside the over-polished mentioned, I suspect this dial is repainted. Where is watch listed for sale? Vietnam?

I suspect this dial is repainted.

What makes you say that?

I realise there are tales of mythically-good Vietnamese rediallers but if this is a redial the ‘perp’ could sell their services worldwide.

Ahhh my apologies, didn’t see the imgur link with close-up photo
P.S looks good.