Forums Latest Members
  1. decom Apr 15, 2020

Hi all. Omega noob here... I just picked this up at auction. This is not the brand I know most about. I was able to go to the first viewing, surreptitiously set the time, and then come back for the last viewing 3 days later. The time was bang on, so all good there. I did enough research here to convince myself it was worth a punt! I haven't cracked the back off yet, and am visiting my watchmaker tomorrow. An original strap, perhaps not THE original one. Just interested in your thoughts. Value? Should I get my watchmaker to polish it? He has a lot of vintage Omega restoration experience and is Omega certified. I haven't touched it yet, so a bit of tarnish etc. I don't have a great camera, sorry!

20200408_105547.jpg IMG_1691.png IMG_1693.png IMG_1694.png Constellation.png
  2. Shabbaz Apr 15, 2020

I'm afraid it's a refinished dial. I never saw a font like this. It already saw enough polishing so I would not do this. Value. Well. It's a nice daily beater. Enjoy! It's still a nice watch!

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Shabbaz Apr 15, 2020

Or maybe in this case you can let somebody refinish it again but this time with a better outcome. There are some members who know somebody who is brilliant in refinishing dials.

connieseamaster likes this.
  4. connieseamaster Apr 15, 2020

Once it's been done once, there's no harm in having it done right

Shabbaz likes this.
  5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 15, 2020

What did it cost ?

it already has a value, it’s what you paid ;)

6. decom Apr 15, 2020

Cheers. Pretty much how I purchased it. I'm not in watches as investment class! Although given the current climate who knows how anything is going to turn out...