Forums Latest Members

Help with my speedmaster professional moonwatch with moonphase

1. DannyG Nov 13, 2015

Hi i was just wondering if anyone can help i recently purchased the omega speedmaster professional moon watch ref 35765000 with the moonphase, my issue is its running from +15-20sec a day and im wondering if this is normal ? its running the lemania 1866 manual wind movement if anyone has any advice or can help it would be greatly appreciated.
    Many Thanks
    Danny ;-)

2. abrod520 Nov 13, 2015

That is not normal for a movement in good service, but isn't unusual for one needing a service. It may just be an indication that the watch is magnetized; in rare cases this can be a sign of movement damage but chances are a standard service (which you should do anyway, having just bought it) will take care of it.

italy1861 likes this.
  3. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Nov 13, 2015

If your watch's timekleeping is fairly consistent day-to-day then you don't really have a problem. You can have a qualified technician regulate your watch's beat rate to get a daily gain or loss rate that's acceptable to you. When I bought my first watch with an 1861 movement it was losing about 10 seconds per day, which was really annoying because I hate the thought of being late for something on account of my watch. So I took it into the Omega Botique where I bought it and the technician regulated it while I watched him do it. Now I get an effective +0.2 sec/day gain, which I can control to a large degree by varying the overnight resting position of the watch.

Here's a graph of my watch's gain/loss performance plotted over time; the variations are the result of changing the nighttime resting position.

1861_graph.jpg

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 13, 2015

Before I give you any advice, a few questions are in order:

1 - How often do you fully wind the watch?

2 - Are these timing measurements taken with the chronograph running or stopped?

3 - What are you timing the watch against?

4 - Was the watch purchased brand new from a dealer?

5 - If the watch is not new, how long since the watch was last serviced?

Once I know these details I can give you some direction.

Cheers, Al