Forums Latest Members
  1. dnm82 Jun 13, 2015

Hi all,

Seeking some info on this watch. It is a gold-plated Omega Seamaster Deville with automatic movement and date window. It is all original and in great condition -- the crown, caseback, movement and bracelet are all signed Omega.

It features what I gather is the rare (American made) KL6292 Ross/Omega front-loading case.

The movement is signed "Omega Watch Co. Swiss" and marked "563." I've included pictures that show what I gather is the serial number. Wondering if anyone knows when this watch was made and perhaps how rare it may be?

Thanks![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 13, 2015

3. matthanne Jun 15, 2015

Thanks for the information, efauser! I have found though, that the first cited reference does not handle Ross cases, or I am not capable of using it properly. I have an Omega 550-based Seamaster Deville and the case "LL...." can't be handled as I suppose this database draws from Omega-cased watch records, not those cased by Ross in the US. If there is a Ross-incorporating database, it would be helpful, but in the interim the movement serial has sufficed.

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 15, 2015

Give it a shot. I promise there's info there for kl 6292. I wouldn't have sent you down that path if I hadn't looked first.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jun 15, 2015

Actually, there is a listing for the KL6292:

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-watches-database?ref=15169

It's part of the US collection. Some came with the 17 jewel cal. 560. I would be concerned that the movement is a replacement, but in reality, there is no way to know for sure.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

6. matthanne Jun 15, 2015

Thanks, the case is marked Ross LL6287-1 followed by a 7-digit serial number? No combination worked yet but I am not quitting!
    It is a dial-loading 550 with a 2420xxxx serial number, in a 14K GF case, flat backside for engraving as presentation in 1967. Serial and date on case back seem to be in accord.
    Again thanks and GO HAWKS!

7. watchvoyeur Jun 21, 2015

I have the same watch from my father and I'm searching for a gold metal bracelet to replace the leather strap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My case # is 165.0020.