Forums Latest Members
  1. SuperSaver Nov 27, 2017

Thanks for all the comments. Here is the finished product. Local watchmaker got the watch to start ticking again, and polished the face. Paid less than $300 for it. Unfortunately, the crown does not have the Omega logo on it. He said that all the replacement parts are made by omega, because no one else manufactures them.

Only question is which Kind of leather band to get? Lizard, alligator, crocodile, or ostrich? Any specific brand names from Amazon or trusted sellers would be greatly appreciated.
    I’ve seen some nice deployment straps online.

35CB0A9E-876A-464E-B11E-ED72EC58CDD2.jpeg 24F49DBE-F8FF-4B68-ADBE-D672FFED2917.jpeg
    GregH and Syrte like this.
  2. Noddyman Nov 27, 2017

Very nice, your dad will be made up.

As for strap type it depends on how it will be worn.
    IMO
    Lizard = smart
    Croc/gator = smart/casual
    Ostrich = casual

Hirsch have a good range of straps and they should be available through Amazon.
    It’s worth searching the OF database as straps have been discussed many times.

3. ConElPueblo Nov 27, 2017

That looks very nice - good work :)

If I was you, I'd be looking up keleran USA on eBay - they make an good product at a very reasonable price. Am very satisfied with the ones I've bought from them.

4. Kwijibo Nov 27, 2017

Hello
    If you are located in europe watchbandcenter has good products. A black or brown alligator with small scales would be nice. But you know, it's a matter of taste.

5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Nov 27, 2017

I would go for a brown alligator or crocodile that’s flat vintage style and not too shiny, that way it can work both in dressy occasions and more casual ones.
    Like this:
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Omeg...518970?hash=item3af837f13a:g:HMYAAOSwGzhaFbHoPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

If you need to have something made to order for a déployant clasp, you might want to check out Martu Straps, but you need to specify it’s for a vintage Omega dress watch (with a strap thickness of 2.5mm max on the lug side).

Personally I don’t usually like black straps, I find the color too cold, but it’s very much a matter of personal taste. Maroon, navy blue and dark green also go very well with gold.

Noddyman likes this.