Forums Latest Members
  1. Jace2722 Jun 1, 2019

I would very much appreciate help with finding out as much as possible on this vintage Omega.

So, close to ten years back, my father bought this Omega from a widow selling off her late husband's jewelry. I know close to nothing about it save it belonged to an old man in Canada.

Now, my father is no expert on watches, so my main concern is whether or not it is genuine. He recently decided to pass this watch on to me so I decided to do a little digging. I came up with zilch. I only found out that it's probably a bumper movement but I don't know which kind, as I know nothing about watch movements. I started looking for this type of model but the dial is so different from every other image I find regarding vintage Omegas (another concern as to if it's real or not).

I wish I new more about the watch but well, my knowledge on watches especially vintage Omegas is very limited. here's to hoping someone on this forum will have more info than me.

fullsizeoutput_1.jpeg
    The dial has no numerals only hour markers and the Omega emblem is printed on. The dark spots are on the dial and not the glass.

IMG_2907.JPG IMG_2925.JPG fullsizeoutput_2.jpeg
    On the inside of the case is marked: Omega Wadsworth 14K. Gold Filled T601685

IMG_2926.JPG
    I think the crown was replaced at one point as it's plain and I doubt it's the original.

IMG_2930.JPG
    The strap is also not the original.

Anything about this watch would be much appreciated, I will keep an eye on the thread and answer any questions needed.

Thanks in advance

2. Dr No Jun 3, 2019

I've a similar American market Omega with the same 28.10 RA movement fitted to a Wadsworth 14 kt gold-filled case.

photo_6123426.jpg

It's on 'loan' to my girlfriend, so unable to access it at the moment to take additional pics. The crown in the photo is not the original; unfortunately, the crown it came with was so odd that I asked my watchmaker at the time to replace it. (The crown in the photo has since been replaced by a clover crown.)

I believe yours is original other than the crown. If you're asking for information regarding market value, I can send that via private message.

Best,

Art