Help with ID on an old omega military watch

Hi there, I recently purchased this old military omega on eBay, I’ve done some thorough research yet haven’t been able to find anything that matches quite right. The ref # on the case back indicates it’s a 2493-3 but it looks nothing like it

The closest thing I was able to find visually is a 2777-2, but the hands a little different and my research tells me those were manufactured sometime in the 50s and the serial on this movement says it’s from 1944. (Photos include what was taken on eBay as well, I haven’t opened the case back myself) any help is appreciated, thanks!

I'm sorry to inform you but this watch is a mess.

It is not a military watch but it is a mix of parts from different watches. The 2493 case should have a bumper caliber inside instead of this manual wind movement (Cal. 28SC). The dial is badly repainted (originally it did not have this military style). Crown seems like a generic crown. Not sure about the hands, but I highly doubt these came from Omega.

Unless you paid very little for it, I suggest you try to return it.
Edited:

Like 1
I'm sorry to inform you but this watch is a mess.

It is not a military watch but it is a mix of parts from different watches. The 2493 case should have a bumper caliber inside instead of this manual wind movement (28SC). The dial is badly repainted (originally it did not have this military style). Crown seems like a generic crown. Not sure about the hands, but I highly doubt these came from Omega.

Unless you paid very little for it, I suggest you try to return it.

Thanks @Geezer that’s what I figured. I paid sub 400, so it’s not a lot of money and I like the style. So I don’t really mind