Forums Latest Members
  1. Poppydog Jun 5, 2020

I've done some internet searches as well as on this forum, but am still a bit confused about setting the times on this watch. According to the booklet, I need to synchronise the hour hand with the gmt hand, then set to local time and push in the crown; then pull out to position 3 to set the minutes etc??

Am I correct in thinking the gmt hand is what I use as normal daily time and the hour hand is the local time when traveling? If so, wouldn't the instructions start with setting the time, and then setting the 'hour' hand afterwards?

Quite confused, and would appreciate help if anyone has one of these.

2. Bugbait Jun 5, 2020

The watch model or more importantly the movement model would help.

For my De Ville Chronoscope GMT with the Calibre 3603:
    - I set the desired GMT (home time) hour by pulling the crown all the way out to rotate the minute and hour hands.
    - You can set the minutes at this point if you wish but don't have to.
    - Once the GMT hand is set I push the crown in one stop to activate the quick set hour hand for local time (current time zone). EDIT: At this stage you can also set the date without impacting the GMT setting.
    - Set minutes if needed.
    - Push in crown fully to complete.

Edited Jun 5, 2020
    Poppydog likes this.
  3. Poppydog Jun 5, 2020

Thank you, I think it's the same movement - Omega diver 300m, chronograph GMT. Thanks again.

Rodeor likes this.
  4. Rodeor Jun 5, 2020

Yes, this is a good explanation on setting the GMT and then your local time. I believe I have the same watch.
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Co Axial GMT Chronograph 212.30.44.52.03.001 Calibre 3603.
    It took me a few reads of the manual and tries to get it right. IMAG3504(1).jpg

Poppydog likes this.
  5. Poppydog Jun 7, 2020

Looks good on the mesh