Forums Latest Members

Help With Crystal Number For Seamaster De Ville Km6326 - 108.552

1. Habitant Jan 31, 2013

Hi folks...I have a problem with replacing the crystal on my Seamaster De Ville: I can't find the correct part reference number because it's not listed on the parts database of my local materials house. The case back is stamped KM6326, as well as 108.552. Neither number works for my guys and they will not contact Omega to find out the correct number. They really are quite incredible: only 'sales' people on the phone, no email address to send a query to.

So I seem to be a bit stuck; I can't get the part because they don't recognise the case number and because...well, you get the idea. I suspect that as this appears as part of the US Collection, this case is less known here in the UK. Yet the crystal is a simple 31.6, gold tension ring, no calendar lens job. This should be a simple matter, but suddenly it's not.
    Can anyone out there tell me what the correct Omega part reference for this ought to be?

Many thanks in advance!

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 31, 2013

Yea definitely sounds like a USA case, I'm sure someone here will know the right details

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 31, 2013

Unfortunately, both the company who produced the case and the importer of the watch into the US are long out of business. I highly doubt that there are any surviving records on these. It's possible that there is a US supplier who might have an old parts catalog that can give you a part number. I tried the Jules Borel website and had no luck on the crystal. I was able to find the crown, if that helps.

Ofrei.com is probably your best hope.

http://www.ofrei.com/page_146.html

I would suggest calling them with the case reference number and they should be able to tell you if they stock the OEM crystal. If not, they should be able to give you either an Omega part number, or generic equivalent.

Remember that they are 8 hours behind GMT, though.

Good luck,
    gatorcpa

4. Habitant Feb 1, 2013

Thanks, gatorcpa! I was able to find the crown here by movement, it's just the crystal that's a bit tricky. If only Omega also listed the crystals by measurement, too. I'll check out ofrei, thanks. If only ofrei would make their search system a bit more, shall we say, modern? Still mustn't grumble, they have the goods... funny thing is, when I went to the Ofrei page link, the package they'd photographed to illustrate the Omega crystal section was for a 31.60 gilt ring - PX5112 - so now I will try and order that here and save the Ofrei minimum order/shipping costs.

Thanks again, I'd been but hadn't noticed that fortuitous picture!

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 1, 2013

This is what Habitant is talking about:

[​IMG]

Genuine Omega Crystal PX 5112 With Yellow Tension Ring
    Genuine Omeaga Crystals, we stock a complete selection of the available Omega Crystals. More sizes to be added and you can also order by case number.
    This crystal is also know as Bestfit CRY-2175 and has a yellow tension ring for case 168.018 and 168.053 as found on a case number to Omega number listing. The 168.018 and 168.053 cases used crystals both with and without date windows.
    The size is 31.6 mm in diameter and height is about 3.3 to 3.5 mm.
    This same crystal is available with a date window as Bestfit Cry-2539, Omega PX5112L

I think that this is a common replacement crystal and would probably fit your watch. Someone with a BestFit catalog may be able to tell for sure.

Take care,
    gatorcpa