Help with Bulova Astronaut battery replacement

I’m replacing the battery on this Astronaut for the first time. After unscrewing the hatch, two unexpected components fell out the compartment beyond just the battery and its fitted spacer. Unfortunately I didn’t take note of the order and orientation of how parts 3 & 4 fit in the battery compartment. Advice much appreciated.

IMG_9666.jpeg
Edited:

Doug is probably in bed for a while but the gracious Gentleman has helped me, so this is straight from Canuck.
Pardon the clumsy photo, my Mac does not get along with the Word format I have saved. Hat's off to Canuck for his tremendous help and patience with putz's like me.IMG_1132.jpeg

Good work Jimbo.
🤜🤛
I like it when a team works together.

Good work Jimbo.
🤜🤛
I like it when a team works together.
It's an honor to be on this team.
Jiminoz and Canuck not only work the hardest to help, they also possess unrivaled skills and knowledge in my book (I'm the waterboy)!

Thanks gentlemen but it appears I’m
missing part 3 of @UncleBuck ‘s post. I tried it with all the other components fit together except #3 but it won’t run. Is there a suitable substitute for that missing component?

Thanks gentlemen but it appears I’m
missing part 3 of @UncleBuck ‘s post. I tried it with all the other components fit together except #3 but it won’t run. Is there a suitable substitute for that missing component?
@Canuck is definitely the Leader for this inquiry. Good luck!

It would appear that you have an Accu-Cell. There isn’t really a substitute available for the cupped ring you are missing. But you should be able to buy a complete Accu-Cell, and thereafter, when the battery dies, the components other than the cell can be re-used if you simply replace the dead cell, and put the components back together. But don’t lose a part. Not every Accutron requires that you use the Accu-Cell. Many of them will run fine with a 1.55-volt Renata 395, or equivalent. Have you tried running the watch using just the 1.55-volt cell? Remember, with Accutrons, the PLUS side is inserted DOWN since these are a POSITIVE GROUND device.

Great info. Thanks @Canuck for walking me through this. As it turned just using the thicker 394 without an Accucell (instead of a 395 with) was sufficient for my Accutron to run properly.