Forums Latest Members
  1. rickgrimes Aug 2, 2012

Evening, I'm sorry that my first post is seeking information but felt like this was the right place.
    I purchased this off Ebay around 7 years ago, I've had the watch serviced and the crown and crystal replaced by Omega. Just looking for details of age and whether the face is in original condition.
    Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. rickgrimes Aug 2, 2012

[​IMG]

3. ulackfocus Aug 2, 2012

Hi Rick. Don't worry about your first post being an inquiry about a vintage watch. Most of the members find us for the same purpose unless they're already watch nerds.

The dial of your watch has been refinished at some point in it's life. The most obvious tell is the SWISS MADE. For models like that, it should be much lower (under the minute/second track) and closer together. You can see it here on my Genève at the very base of the dial.

[​IMG]

4. rickgrimes Aug 2, 2012

Many thanks for the response, I paid just £78 for the watch so I was surprised if it was in the original condition, I've been wearing this everyday for 7 years now do certainly had my money's worth...
    Have you any idea on a rough value in its current condition?

5. ulackfocus Aug 2, 2012

If it is otherwise all authentic Omega (we'd have to see the inside to be sure) it's probably a $250 watch, give or take a few bucks. Probably has a caliber from the 600 series.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 2, 2012

At 78 quid for 7 years of honest use of a classy looking watch I think you've done very well out of it, even though its redialed as a daily wearer its just a plain nice watch.

7. rickgrimes Aug 3, 2012

Thanks Dsio, hopefully the watch will continue running and keeping great time. Would love to get another 7 years out of it.