Forums Latest Members

Help with a Tudor ID and Patina question

1. Omegafanman Feb 9, 2022

Like buses I dont see interesting watches in the wild and then.....and then they all come at once.

I had some good forum help on a vintage Rolex and that guy is looking for his box and papers + looking into a service (its first I think ;0) - he was surprised by the current value, but is not selling - its been his watch for 53 years so I get that. Vintage Rolex ID, Condition and insurance value help | Omega Forums

So yesterday I was chatting to another old boy and showed him a picture of the Rolex watch. Crazy coincidence but he said he had one similar ........ but not a Rolex and it was from 1972.

I grabbed a few quick pictures and said I would ask team forum about it (well at least you all get more watch photos and posts that way). He was interested to know if the faded bezel made the watch more or less valuable. For me (and assuming it is all original from new) I think it makes it more attractive (but I have a Freeze 101 with a ghost bezel so might be biased).

This is another one which needs a service so I gave him the same contact list (I should get a watchmakers commission).

Watch 02 - Copy.jpg Watch - Copy.jpg Back - Copy.jpg Bracelet - Copy.jpg
    amcclell, Larry S and Duracuir1 like this.
  2. asrnj77 Feb 9, 2022

I think the ghost bezel is more valuable because it’s original. If the same original bezel was in better shape (less faded) I think it would be more desirable. Tudor Subs are probably the biggest minefield of any vintage watch these days and the majority of them have some aftermarket part or lume enhancement. One owner unmolested watches would fetch a pretty penny

Mark020 and Omegafanman like this.
  3. Chris75 Feb 10, 2022

I have doubts on both dial and insert.

Better pictures would be helpful, especially of movement, which is the most faked.

4. Dan S Feb 10, 2022

Not the most attractive example IMO. The bezel is too far gone and the H/M hands look relumed (sweep looks original, but losing lume). Case is mediocre. If you like the way it looks, try not to pay too much.

5. Omegafanman Feb 10, 2022

Yes - agreed on the hands. Hard to know what too much is these days / all gone a bit crazy.