Forums Latest Members
  1. OmegaRookie May 14, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg I need a bit of help to value a Paneraii Luminor 1000. A friend of a friend needs an approximate value for estate purposes. I know absolutely nothing about these watches. It looks well used, has no boxes or papers. Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks,
    Don

2. Zuke May 14, 2015

Hi

This is reference PAM 187 - 1000m Chrono.

Here are my thoughts for price - If this was complete with B&P it would most likely sell in the range of $8,800 to $9,300 USD. Since this doesn't have B&P my best would be closer to $8k USD possibly a little less especially if a service is required.

There are a few things that appear off to me. Don't take this the wrong way but is your friend certain that this is authentic?

Jay

lenny likes this.
  3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 14, 2015

I was wondering the same thing, the watch does look off, and being that an ETA 7753 is all that's needed for it, it'd be easy to replicate

4. OmegaRookie May 14, 2015

I have no idea if it's authentic. I think it's a few years old. I think the gentleman's wife is trying to authenticate if from Panerai. I was told she is trying to find the paperwork. I guessed at about $5k because it looks well used. I assume if it's a replica it's virtually worthless?

5. Zuke May 14, 2015

Yes - if it is a replica it's essentially worthless.

6. OmegaRookie May 14, 2015

Thanks for the help everyone. I have advised the person to take it to a Panerai dealer to authenticate it.

7. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan May 14, 2015

Id hate to say for sure it is a fake and the photo itself doesnt help with easy confirmation one way or the other.

It is out of focus making checking the subdial guilloche impossible, and just dark enough for the lume to be doing its thing, preventing lume colour matching ...

That said, the printing is in a couple of spots a little inaccutate ... look at the rhs subdial, the 10 and 20 seem not to be printed and equal distance from their respective closest painted batons. Other seemingly telltale printing issues too...