Forums Latest Members
  1. palkastu May 16, 2020

Hi guys,
    I recently got a call from a local dealer, he mostly sells antiques and a lot of junk. Some times he gets his hands on some goodies. Ive bought some great Omegas, Certinas and even a Mido "Radiator watch" from him.
    Now he has the opportunity to buy two JLC Reverso-watches and he called me and asked if Im interested.
    I asked for some pictures, but he only has one.
    I know nothing about JLC and the picture is terrible, but I wanted to do some research before I looked at it in real life and made an offer.
    My problem is that I cant find a similar one online.
    Can any of you identify the model or if its even authentic?

Just to be clear: The pictures he sends me is always this terrible, but I trust him not to try to scam me.
    He knows very little about watches himself. The Mido "Radiator watch" was a good example because he offered it at $3.

JLCREVERSO.jpg

2. Evitzee May 16, 2020

Lousy picture, but proportions are wrong. Based on the one pic I would say fake.

watch3s, MikiJ, DaveK and 5 others like this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 16, 2020

Bizarre ...

watch3s likes this.
  4. killer67 May 16, 2020

case dimensions and dial look funky more pics needed

5. asrnj77 May 17, 2020

Is this guy a dealer as you mentioned? He’s finding vintage watches and offering them to you for $3? What are his margins?:)

watch3s likes this.
  6. aprax May 17, 2020

+1 for fake.
    It reads "Home Time" at the bottom...

7. palkastu May 17, 2020

Hehehe.. Thanks everyone, even if it was kind of bizarre :thumbsup:
    I had my suspicions of it being fake when I didnt find anything like it online.
    The closest I found was ref. 274.8.85.

He usually buys parts of or whole estates and sometimes finds watches buried in lots of junk :)
    Im describing him as a dealer, but he has more of an organized flea market if that makes any sense.
    Im always looking to give him fair prices, thats why he calls me when he finds something interesting :)
    Theres a thread about the Mido somewhere on the forum, but here it is with some of the other goodies Ive bought from him the last 2-3 yeats:
    Mido Radiator.jpg DoxaSUB300.jpg Omega Seamaster Sort.jpg IWC2.jpg UGPol.jpg Bulova.jpg

8. asrnj77 May 17, 2020

Let me know if he can find another Doxa Sub like that for me :thumbsup:

oldtimer likes this.
  9. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member May 17, 2020

enough red flags on that "JLC" to make a quilt :p

watch3s and DaveK like this.
  10. _awatchsnob_ May 19, 2020

Very nice black dial Seamaster

11. Alfista88 May 22, 2020

Having owned a Reverso Duo, that does not look like an authentic watch.

As others commented, the proportions are all wrong. Case, dial components, crown size, etc. It's also missing guilloche. The two words on the black side of the dial should say Day and Night, and that smaller dial a 24-hr dial rather than seconds hand.

watch3s likes this.
  12. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2020

In case it needs to be made clearer - I've almost every JLC catalogue since 1991 & confirm the OP posted a very bad imitation of a 1990's style Reverso model that never actually existed.