Forums Latest Members
  1. ThePadd Sep 5, 2017

Hi guys, I'm new here, so please forgive my ignorance.

I was hoping to get some help with my late father's Seamaster. He gave it to me before his death back in 2001 and I got it serviced and a new second hand installed. Since then it has been hardly worn as I have tended to wear chunkier dive type watches plus the expanding bracelet it was on has always been a bit tight for me

However, after recent adventures in amateur watchmaking, I am keen to get this watch back into daily use and get a suitable bracelet (GoR??) for it. A quick look online seems to show the automatics, especially with a period bracelet fetching a decent amount of money, and bracelets alone fetching several hundred pounds.

So my two questions are:
    1) What model is this watch? I think its circa 1961/2, but it has no identifying marks so I can identify the model number. I can open the case with a rubber ball to check the movement, will that help??
    2) I was told that the watch would have originally come with a signed strap, but was there a bracelet option and if so what is the correct bracelet and end-link code for it.

I always coveted this watch when I was a kid, now its time for it to shine again

Looking forward to your responses

Padd
    20170904_130009.jpg
    20170904_130024.jpg

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 5, 2017

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 5, 2017

bummer, hit the reply tab and I've got nuthin' to say

:rolleyes:

4. ThePadd Sep 5, 2017

Don't worry about it, I will try and provide any more information that people request. I would like to get exactly the right bracelet for it as I have not seen one exactly like it before. I know that rarity and originality usually end up being sought after. She has some patina, but that's often seen as a good thing....

5. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 5, 2017

Hi Padd - Welcome to the forum.

Photos of the movement and inside of the case back will reveal the relevant information.

Bracelets were sold as accessories, so there is no "correct" bracelet for your watch.

6. ThePadd Sep 6, 2017

Okay then.....
    I popped the back off (unscrewed) and was blown away, the movement is gorgeous, is that copper plate or rose gold, whatever its stunning!
    Okay, so it looks like its a 135.005 with a 600 Cal movement in there.
    I'm happy the movement looks so good, a bit disappointed its a 1964 model?? according to Brittons-watches. I was born in 1961 so a 61 model would really have made me cock-a-hoop.
    20170906_133857.jpg 20170906_134035.jpg

Thanks for the help guys!

Padd