Forums Latest Members
  1. mr_keen Jan 3, 2022

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115127077919?hash=item1ace1bcc1f:g:lhkAAOSwK6phrCVkPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

there are a good amount of more detailed photos below in the description.

I don't have a great sense of value so maybe some of the other more aged looking ones out that I have found online are overpriced, however if there was nothing wrong with this it seems like a steal at the price and I would purchase.

that being said, it seems too good to be true. I closely examined the dial and it doesn't seem like a redial to me but I'm inexperienced so I'm probably wrong. The case and the bracelet seem shiny as hell so I'm sure it's super overpolished which likely makes it a no-go but would love to hear feedback from you guys. thank you.

2. Dan S Jan 3, 2022

The distinctive vertical brushed finish on the side of the lugs seems completely gone on this example, or at least I can't see it in the photos. For some reason there are a lot of these in Japan, and they typically go for about $1k at auction.

3. DON Jan 3, 2022

Curious if this is a Japanese only model as it seems the only sellers are in Japan. Usually watches from Japan are priced higher than normal

To be honest. For the asking price. Why not spring for some new hands and make it better?

Last. No movement shot. Whats he hiding? Bad movement? Aged or uneven finishing?

DON

4. sleepyastronaut Jan 3, 2022

"Maintenance (inspection / adjustment) has been completed by our company or our designated repair contractor."

He's sending it out to his watchmaker, doesn't own a case back wrench.

Nice dial. I like the hippo on the back. Hard to tell whether it's just polished or overpolished with that light box.

s-l1600-42.jpg
    s-l1600-41.jpg

5. Caliber561 Jan 4, 2022

Vertical brush is there, but the case has definitely been refinished at least once (description says as much). Price is definitely on the steeper end.

If you decide to go for it, definitely get movement shots first. Tbh, for a watch that has been 'serviced' that's the least they could do.

6. mr_keen Jan 4, 2022

Thank you all for help. If it has been serviced recently, what am I likely looking at? Long life of use ahead likely without much headache? I’ve never bought a watch beyond the 90s and I’m not sure what to watch out for.

7. TexOmega Jan 4, 2022

a "repair contractor" is someone like me with big fingers not a watchmaker.

iamvr likes this.
  8. nkhandekar Jan 5, 2022

The condition of the hands and the dial seem incongruous. If the hands are original, then seeing what is inside will be very telling. From the outside it looks nice.

9. Dan S Jan 5, 2022

No one can say. In principle, if the watch is properly serviced, it should run well for at least 5 years. Moreover, a serviced watch should have a warranty of some sort, so if you find it's not running well, the watchmaker will adjust or repair it at no charge. In this case, there is no way to verify that it has been properly serviced and it may or may not have a warranty. Even if the seller claims there is a warranty, if you find it's not running well, returning it to Japan for adjustment/repair could be tricky, so factor all of that uncertainty into the price you are willing to pay. Personally, I generally ignore claims that a watch has been serviced unless there is really convincing documentation or I know the seller well.

iamvr and Spruce like this.
  10. mountainunder Jan 5, 2022

11. ollipekka Jan 5, 2022

I'm a big fan of the reference and I've been collecting information about it into my blog. This particular case is very hard to judge from pictures and it takes (professional) polish well. I'm inclined to say that the case is quite polished, in fact this is quite evident with the caseback picture.

These are hard to sell so I'd wait for a local one in good condition to show up. They sometimes show up with crosshair dial, which is additional bonus.

12. Shabbaz Jan 6, 2022

Well, I think I've sold more then 10 watches of this model and they flew right out the window. Nothing hard about it.

Dan S, ollipekka and MtV like this.
  13. aggie Jan 6, 2022

14. MtV Jan 6, 2022

Absolutely agree - unless one's asking too much, of course. :) To me, this is the 60th equivalent to the 2576 in terms of prices. Can be found regularly for significantly under 1000€ (in good condition) with just a tiny bit of patience and effort, but keeps getting sold for an absurd premium all the time and I fail to see why.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  15. mountainunder Jan 6, 2022