Forums Latest Members

Help with 1-69 winding / power reserve

1. clemenry May 27, 2017

The power reserve on my UG Polerouter Sub has always been relatively poor and the watch loses quite a bit of time overnight when it's not being worn.

I've never seemed to be able to fully wind the watch before wearing as I cannot seem to find a winding setting / notch on the crown (like most autos) after I set the time and depress the crown and turn clockwise the crown screws down.

I'm unsure if there's a different knack to winding these microrotor movements that I'm missing but guess that could be the issue. Is it possible that there is an issue with the stem causing a winding / screwing home issue?

I'm going to let my watchmaker have a look to give it a once over to check the autowinding so will get him to check the engagement of he stem too.

Any suggestions or tips from the more knowledgeable would be much appreciated

2. LaurentBxl May 27, 2017

It could be the stem or something else but you should be able to set the time and wind the watch without issues.
    The microrotor is efficient, mine keeps going without any help other than wearing it everyday...

clemenry likes this.
  3. clemenry May 27, 2017

Thanks for your reply. That's what I assumed, although I have a relatively sedentary job with most of my other autos I can usually 'charge' them whilst wearing with no need to manually wind.

I've never really been able to wind the watch, it just seems to engage the screw down crown following setting the time.

I'll pop it to my watchmaker to have a look.

4. bazamu wincer, not a bidder May 29, 2017

My Polerouter Sub (with I-69) actually has one of the longest power reserves of all my watches and winds like a dream, so it's not a design feature of the I-69. Would definitely have it looked at by your watchmaker.

aap likes this.
  5. clemenry May 29, 2017

Thanks Chicago. It's going in today to be checked out.

Can I just confirm that yours winds in a clockwise direction and that there is a definite 'notch' for winding?

It also seems to be losing quite a bit of time throughout the day whilst on the wrist so may be an issue with the auto winding or potentially magnetised? Anyway all should hopefully be rectified shortly.

Thanks for your replies

6. LaurentBxl May 30, 2017

Yes there is a position where the crown winds the watch, clockwise. If it is magnetised, you will not just loose a bit of time, I think it will run way faster then normal as the oscillation will be shorter and faster, others will confirm. It just looks like yours is in need of service.... maybe some parts will have to be replaced, have it on a timer to monitor amplitude and errors, it will give you an idea on how the watch runs.