Forums Latest Members
  1. nattskatta Jul 3, 2019

I found this DE VILLE online and can't find much information about the watch.

Does anybody know this model (or if it's fake) and the year of production? The Price ist about 250 Euro

Thanks in advance

s-l1600.jpg s-l1601.jpg
  2. Mac5 Jul 3, 2019

Pictures of the caseback would tell you the reference number and be the most helpful. My guess, late 70's, early 80's quartz model. Not much interest to collectors. To me, not worth the price their asking.

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 3, 2019

About 200 Euro too much.

4. byunjoe Jul 3, 2019

The proportions make it appear to be a ladies model as well. I would stay away from that price and piece, not because of anything wrong but simply because it isn't very collectible.

5. nattskatta Jul 4, 2019

:) thanks for your help. It's not meant as a collectible but as for wearing everyday without any fear. I really like the (subtle of the) shape

6. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 4, 2019

Since we can't see the movement, no one can comment on being able to wear without fear, other than fearing you'll pay too much.

Lotus_Eater8815, DaveK and nattskatta like this.
  7. TexOmega Jul 4, 2019

Wear without fear, but take your phone for the time.

Offer $25, they'll probably take it.

Mac5 and efauser like this.
  8. nattskatta Jul 5, 2019

--> this is not a very kind comment... not everyone has the fortune to have watches for thousands of bucks...

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 5, 2019

It wasn't meant to be kind, it was banter, or a joke where @TexOmega was digging you in the ribs.

Many of us here have watches that cost much less than "thousands of bucks" and enjoy them as much as the expensive ones we see on other wrists.

The point is, spending 250 Euro on an old quartz watch with an unknown (to us) caliber, an unknown service history, and a less than perfect dial is a bad move, no matter how much you like the style.

Buying vintage quartz watches is a task for experts, there are many more issues that may need to be addressed compared to an equivalent mechanical watch from the same period, and spares for them are becoming very hard to obtain.

TexOmega and Mac5 like this.
  10. TexOmega Jul 5, 2019

Please ignore my droll, ironic sense of humor, this is a 2-dimensional space and we all live in a 3-dimensional world.

Well, according to Einstein, 4+ dimensions.(there I go again.)

Sorry that I tried to save you 250EUR, I misinterpreted the reason for your original post. Lessoned learned.

So, let me retract all I stated above, and state that watch is absolutely perfect in all ways possible, and a steal at 250EUR. Please buy it and post 8-10 additional pictures when you can.(there I go, again)

This post needs some pictures

IMG_7517.JPG

Kathryn Budig.jpg

Helbros Chrono post COA Matt Becher 2016 cropped.jpg
    impalla62ss likes this.