HELP: Value of Vintage Omega Seamaster Watch and if it is Real of Fake

I am brand new to the world of Omega watches. I love the look and style of the old vintage watches with the separate seconds dial and found this one that caught my eye. I know the pictures are not great but they are all I have at the moment. I was hoping someone could give me an idea of what this particular watch is worth and if it has the original dial and crown. It was listed at $2000. Any advice is appreciated!

OP......

Do not know your currency.....but $2-300 USD would be my top if SS.......and that's also not knowing about the movement. Add $50USD if a fairly nice OMEGA movement that functions but needing a service.

Minus $100USD if nonworking Omega movement.

With these pictures, I would error on the safe side and say Not original dial, redial. Add $200USD if original.

If GF and not SS minus $200USD

Good Luck

Welcome to the Forum
Edited:

Way, way, way too expensive, no matter the $ currency. It’s probably gold filled or capped given the apparent wear through on the lugs. Crown is not only wrong but probably doesn’t even function given how worn out it is. Dial looks original to me.

Probably a $250-300 (USD) watch tops. If solid gold, add melt value on top of that.

Here are more pictures to help. The watch was listed as 14k gold. Though I am not sure how to verify that. It also looks like there is a faint engraving on the back.

Hey Paustin!

welcome to the forum 😀

Although this watch isn’t my collection area I guess it’s an CK2759 reference (https://www.omegawatches.com/de-de/watch-omega-seamaster-omega-ck-2759)

I would rate the price as very high. One point here might be that the case is gold, but that's hard to judge from the photos.

Best
Oli
Thanks for the warm welcome. And I appreciate you taking a stab at the model. The seller did say that the watch was 14k gold. I posted more pictures below.

Do not know your currency.....but $2-300 USD would be my top if SS.......and that's also not knowing about the movement. Add $50USD if a fairly nice OMEGA movement that functions but needing a service.

Minus $100USD if nonworking Omega movement.

With these pictures, I would error on the safe side and say Not original dial, redial. Add $200USD if original.

If GF and not SS minus $200USD

Good Luck

Welcome to the Forum
Thank you for the information. The watch is listed as 14k gold and seems to have the right stamp on the back plate in the additional pictures I provided. If I understand you correctly, the watch should be somewhere around $450 + the price of the gold? And the currency is USD.

Crown is not only wrong but probably doesn’t even function given how worn out it is.

Probably a $250-300 (USD) watch tops. If solid gold, add melt value on top of that.
I noticed the crown looked off based on other pictures of similar models from this time period. That's a bummer. Do you know of a good way to evaluate the melt value of the gold? It is listed as 14k gold and there is a stamp in the additional pictures provided in the replies.

Case is engraved 14KGF. Not sure what the “U” is for.

That means gold filled. At $450, I think it is a bit overpriced, but not as ridiculous as some I’ve seen. Melt value of gold is probably <$20.

gatorcpa

Thank you for the information. The watch is listed as 14k gold and seems to have the right stamp on the back plate in the additional pictures I provided. If I understand you correctly, the watch should be somewhere around $450 + the price of the gold? And the currency is USD.

No, too much $250-300 USD