Forums Latest Members
  1. Ellemose Jan 7, 2015

Hi'. I'm new here on the forum and in the world of Omega. I'm considering bying a Omega de Ville. I Theresienwiesen hope someone can help me read the numbers on the backcase, and tell me if it is an authetic and original watch. See image attached.

image.jpg
  2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 7, 2015

Hi, Is it on the inside or outside of the caseback?

3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 7, 2015

Need a picture of the dial and the movement for that could be a redial or wrong movement or twenty other things.

4. Ellemose Jan 7, 2015

Hi again.
    The first picture is from inside the caseback. Here are some pictures of the dial, movement ect.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  5. Ellemose Jan 7, 2015

See reply in thread

6. Ellemose Jan 7, 2015

The inside. See new pics in thread.

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 7, 2015

To give you an exact identification on this watch is next to impossible.

At the time this watch was produced, around the mid-1970's, Omega was making hundreds of different models every year. Some were very limited production runs and of other models they made thousands.

The "8374" is the case reference number. Generally, these can be looked up online at the Omega Vintage Database:

http://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-watches-database/

For this watch, there is no information on the database. That happens a lot with these 1970's Omegas. They couldn't keep up with all the models either. The "1011" would look to be the caliber of the movement. That is interesting, as the cal. 1011 is a chronometer rated movement, mostly used for Constellations and Seamasters, but there is no indication of that on the dial.

It is 18K gold, and the other markings are either Swiss hallmarks or maker's marks.

So this is a nice original 18K gold Omega automatic watch. Right back where we started.
    gatorcpa

8. Ellemose Jan 7, 2015

Thank you for your reply. I tried searching the Omega database yesterday, and, as you say, without result. When I didn't get a result I started douting if the watch was original. I'm glad that it is, and will procide with the purchase. Thanks again.

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 7, 2015

I hope you don't pay a lot more than the melt value of the case. These are not considered particularly collectible watches.

Good luck,
    gatorcpa