Help to know if it's real vintage Omega

Hello,

I'm looking for an opinion on one of my latest acquisitions, an old Omega from the 1920s with a beautiful guilloche dial.
Only I do not know if it is a counterfeit or on the contrary a real one very well restored because there is no serial number on the calibre nor under the dial.
The only inscription that appears is the "OMEGA" on the calibre.

Tell me what you think, all comments are good to take.

Have a nice day !

Greetings! For me that looks like a home made watch using a lady's movement.

Not genuine, with the exception of the movement.

Greetings! For me that looks like a home made watch using a lady's movement.
Thank you for your analysis, I will still continue my research if I have other things to discover on it !

I think I remember a very similar "Longines" a couple of years ago.
Maybe @Syrte remembers that one?

I think I remember a very similar "Longines" a couple of years ago.
Maybe @Syrte remembers that one?
With the same dial design or just the same shape?

My opinion is that you have here a counterfeit watch. I have never seen an Omega without the case ref inside the caseback, without the serial number etc.

Looks like the proper omega plate layout on the movement. Some of the old movements had markings on the dial side. The lack of SN seems strange.

Before the 1980s and how changes worked in the industry, movements were often exported and cased locally. Most of these cases were subject to the local marking laws.

I agree with @janice&fred above that it looks like a repurposed ladies movement. Which was sometimes done in the low end watches. Ladies movements are considered more disposable, do to the rapid change of fashion. This makes them less likely to be passed on to others. Also trends towards limited collectability. On the other hand the low values does allow for affordable entry into the addictive world of watch collecting.

My opinion is that you have here a counterfeit watch. I have never seen an Omega without the case ref inside the caseback, without the serial number etc.

Counterfeit to me is when something is made to replicate an item, this on the other hand is simply a made up watch using an Omega movement.

I don't think it is legit either, but by god I like it! A very tidy Franken indeed

On dirait la bonne disposition de la plaque oméga sur le mouvement. Certains des anciens mouvements avaient des marques sur le côté du cadran. Le manque de SN semble étrange.

Avant les années 1980 et la façon dont les changements ont fonctionné dans l'industrie, les mouvements étaient souvent exportés et emballés localement. La plupart de ces cas étaient soumis aux lois locales sur le marquage.

Je suis d'accord avec @janice&fred ci-dessus que cela ressemble à un mouvement féminin réutilisé. Ce qui se faisait parfois dans les montres bas de gamme. Les mouvements pour dames sont considérés comme plus jetables, en raison du changement rapide de la mode. Cela les rend moins susceptibles d'être transmis à d'autres. Tendances également vers une collection limitée. D'un autre côté, les faibles valeurs permettent une entrée abordable dans le monde addictif de la collection de montres.
Thank you for your answer, it is also very useful, and then beyond knowing if it is true or not I know more about its possible assembly !
Looks like the proper omega plate layout on the movement. Some of the old movements had markings on the dial side. The lack of SN seems strange.

Before the 1980s and how changes worked in the industry, movements were often exported and cased locally. Most of these cases were subject to the local marking laws.

I agree with @janice&fred above that it looks like a repurposed ladies movement. Which was sometimes done in the low end watches. Ladies movements are considered more disposable, do to the rapid change of fashion. This makes them less likely to be passed on to others. Also trends towards limited collectability. On the other hand the low values does allow for affordable entry into the addictive world of watch collecting.
Thank you for your answer, it is also very useful, and then beyond knowing if it is true or not I know more about its possible assembly!
While continuing to look at it I saw that the horns of the case had at their bases blued marks thus of welding and that confirms the probability that it was made by somebody external to Omega

Definitely not authentic. The “coin edge” bezel, pinstripes on the caseback look cheap. The Omega symbol on the dial looks more modern and certainly not 1920s.