Forums Latest Members
  1. jasonpt15 Dec 17, 2015

A gold vintage ladies omega watch, back-wound, solid gold so I'm told, with 2 stones on the front (not sure if diamonds), quite old, around 1950's/60's
    Number on back is 11376067 I believe.
    Size below in relation to the normal size pen in photo for scale.

I've done lots of searching for a similar watch but this exact one I haven't found, I believe it's a saphette from the 50's though.

I'm not sure on many other details of the watch, I'm helping my ill father get it valued, he got it from his wife who passed away a few months back, and she got it from her mother who lived in holland/europe, if you need other info please contact me.

IMG_0309-e.jpg IMG_0307-e.jpg IMG_0305-e.jpg IMG_0310-e.jpg

2. Kwijibo Dec 17, 2015

It is probably an Omega Saphette. probably mid 50's. There had been many version of this watch. Make sure the diamonds are original or not. do the case and the bracelet have a 18k gold stamp?

3. jasonpt15 Dec 18, 2015

Where do I find the stamp(s) if it has one?

4. jasonpt15 Dec 20, 2015

And what does the number on the back mean?

5. Canuck Dec 20, 2015

I think you can safely assume it is karat gold- likely 18-karat. The movement might be a calibre 440. The gold stamping will likely be inside the case back, and/or on the underside of the buckle components. The number on the case back would be a serial number. As to value? It is the market place that pretty well sets the price on karat gold ladie's watches. This is largely a buyer's market, so be prepared for a shock. The prevailing opinion seems to peg karat gold ladie's watches at a few dollars over melt value. Of course, you'd need to confirm that those are the original diamonds which would have some bearing on the price. That said, on any given day with the countless numbers of watches offered on on line auction sites, safe to say this will be the only one of these. Get the right people bidding on such a high quality and unusual,watch, and who knows where the price may end up!

jasonpt15 likes this.
  6. jasonpt15 Dec 21, 2015

Cheers for the feedback guys