Forums Latest Members

Help: Selling 3 Vintage Watches for MoonWatch. What would you do?

1. Fallout Boy Jan 30, 2023

That GRUEN :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DaveK likes this.
  2. nicks Jan 30, 2023

OP, there is a considerable amount of watch buying and selling in Canada on Kijiji. None of the watches you’ve posted are likely to attract scammers.

No fees, you can use Interac e-transfer if your buyer is also in Canada.

If it were me, I’d give that a shot. But I can’t speak for FB or Reddit…

3. Jonathan40 Jan 30, 2023

Hi, I’m not a prolific seller by any stretch but I often get 80% off final selling fees emails from eBay so you can sell a £1000 watch for not a lot of money to a wide audience.
    The offer normally lasts Friday til Monday evening and I get 100 listings to use it on. I only ever have 2 or 3 and if my item doesn’t sell I just wait for the next offer to list. Just need to keep an eye on them not automatically re-listed by ebay on standard terms.

4. sheepdoll Jan 30, 2023

I sold some scraps over the weekend for 99cents. I'll be lucky if I see 75 cents. The purchaser however has to pay S&H tax and what ever else.

The only reason I do this is to get some selling feedback. Most of the time the buyer does not bother.

At least they make it easy to print the label. I also tend to recyled packaging from stuff I bought.

Would probably be better if I shifted some of the medium grade stuff. But I want to get rid of the timewasters. Which is probably why there is not a lot of bidding on them.

I think one has to be an almost full time volume seller to make eBay (or other auction site work.)

Mark020 likes this.
  5. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Jan 30, 2023

But again: I never see this offers

6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 11, 2023

The OP indeed might be totally entitled to sell here with a membership dating back to 2013- perhaps before the 200 post rule came into force.

Have you checked? Your Longines looks really nice- I wish I weren’t currently focusing on other projects.