Help required to identify vintage Breitling model

Hi all,

Whilst I’m pretty familiar with the modern range, I’m after something more interesting for my wedding watch - unfortunately, I have little knowledge of vintage Breitlings and was wondering if anyone could identify the model in the pictures - it’s on C24, but from a private seller. Any info (or assessment of authenticity/originality) welcome - unfortunately there are no photos with the cashback removed.

Many thanks in advance, upload_2023-9-17_1-11-30.jpeg

Rich upload_2023-9-17_1-12-10.jpeg

Breitling was really known for their chronographs, so I don't see too many time only watches from them. I can't really say if it's legit or not but I have some doubts. The backs of the lugs look really crappy. I would be curious to see the inside.

Unless there is some reason you really want a Breitling, you might be better off with a watch from a brand more known for dress watches.
Edited:

Breitling time only watches were pedestrian at best in the'50s through '60s. I have a stainless Breitling time only. Average at best. Nothing is signed. I would value this watch at the melt price only.

Would be interesting if it had an A Schild 1184 movement? I have some Delbana Landerons and got a Delbana three hander with such a movement. Same for the Wakmann three hander I was wearing today.

It really becomes about the chronograph movement used. Ideally one would look for a Val-23. Venus and Landeron were also used. This for vintage. The modern 1990s, to date, is a whole different story.

Hallo Rich,
you should get this beautiful Breitling watch for your wedding day!
Its elegant, simple 3-hand, automatic time keeper, pure gold 18k, a reknown Swiss maker of upper middle class, vintage!! And it even has a rare feature, the hinged back!

Regard, all this huzzle about subdials, diving bezels, U-Boat steel... all these simple men around want to behave as pilots, atack divers, sportsmen a.s.o., aren't they stupid?
Don't we have too many bling bling functions and time information in our smartphones.
Yes, I am stupid too, I own a lot of these tool watches and yes I dont need them for anything, as they are too precious for risking a damage in salt water.

Look at my three-hand, hand wound Omega of the 60s, yes the gold bracelet is a value goody on top, but a leather strap is more elegant. I feel good with it in a jacket and collar shirt.
Greetings Konrad

Omega Cal 600 10.jpg
Edited: