Forums Latest Members

Help required to Identify and Value a Ladymatic Seamaster

1. RRD Jul 25, 2013

Hi all

please help with the identification the ladymatic seamaster below it was given to my wife by a distant aunt in her will and would like to know more about it i am a bit worried about opening the back just in case i damage it. any help is appreciated omega watch.jpg .

Thanks

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jul 25, 2013

Hi and welcome,
    Not much is discussed regarding the ladies, non-jeweled models. Please don't take our lack of responses as discourteous. Please consider having a watchmaker evaluate, as these require periodic service to run properly and prevent damage. At that time, photos of the movement and inside caseback can be taken and will help tremendously.
    Thanks for your post!

Buck

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jul 26, 2013

From Omega Vintage Database:

Ladymatic Ladies' leather strap
    Reference ST 566.0001
    International collection 1965

Movement Type: Automatic (mechanical)
    Caliber number: 681, 24 jewels
    Central sweep second hand.
    Created in 1963

Functions Date
    Case Stainless steel
    Case back Press-in
    Dial With hand-riveted solid gold hour markers and “bâton losange ” hands.
    Crystal Armoured hesalite
    Bracelet Leather
    Water resistance 30 meters

[​IMG]

As for your watch value, unfortunately vintage ladies watches' market is very thin. USD 100-200 would be my best guess if you can find a buyer.

I would suggest you take it to a qualified watchmaker near your place (not necessarily Omega since it will be bit expensive), and have it clean and lubricate. Your wife could cherish it because (A) it is a gift from her beloved aunt (B) it is a successful and famous Omega line during its time.