Forums Latest Members
  1. LeeGPetro Jun 4, 2016

i just inherited this watch. I did a search and could not determine model. Stamp on inside indicates 10k. If you have an idea on value too (US$) that would be great too.

Thank you.

image.jpeg
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 4, 2016

Garv likes this.
  3. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jun 4, 2016

You're gonna get the lecture so I'll give you a couple of pointers.

For a decent evaluation of your watch you need CLEAR pictures of the inside of the watch. The movement and the inside caseback. That's we
    here all the info is located. DO NOT attempt to open it yourself. Take it to a QUALIFIED watchmaker. Not the mall battery place or a jeweler unless they have a watchmaker on staff.

EDIT: beat to the punch...

Garv and efauser like this.
  4. LeeGPetro Jun 4, 2016

Got it guys. I was hoping that someone would see the face of it and at least know the product line. It doesn't say speedmaster, seamaster or constellation on face, so was shooting in the dark. I certainly don't plan on popping the back open. If I did that, then there would be no reason to post here.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 4, 2016

So, you came here for us to do the work for you? Glad you stopped by and enjoy the watch.

6. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Jun 4, 2016

So, when it doesn't say anything it is not one of them.
    Maybe it is an automatic Omega sold in American market with a thin layer of 14 k gold (?)

7. Ninja2789 Jun 4, 2016

To be fair, it's probably useful to post it here even after opening the back and knowing the model/movement. The contributors on the forum are great and more than willing to help you get a feel for collectibility and history.

8. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 4, 2016

???

Early to mid-50's bumper, precursor to Seamaster, 10k=American cased, value $100-$500 depending on the inside that we aren't going to open.

We don't intend to sound aloof, we just need you to help us in helping you and we are weary of being used as a shortcut or appraisal service.
    We are collectors, enthusiasts and hobbyists, not Google or Ebay.

Apologies if we are misunderstanding each other, we are a friendly and helpful bunch but we would have to see inside to be more accurate.

Good luck to you.

9. LeeGPetro Jun 4, 2016

Fair enough. Wasn't going to pop open back because i figured that would lead to disaster, not because I wanted folks to do the work. Yeesh. Thanks for the helpful guidance Uncle Buck, Ninja and ahsposo.

10. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Jun 4, 2016

You are most welcome, wish I could do more but that American case effectively disguises many clues we could research.

My best guess would be 1953-55 with the cal. 351 automatic movement.
    That dial style could be anything late 40's up to mid 50's.
    Dial appears original with some patina (freckles).

Not sure how much the watch means to you, I'd at least have that bracelet removed, they cause wear on the inside of the lugs and add nothing to the value.
    A proper maintenance service should be $100-$150 unless parts are needed, the watch will wear a little small and not be water resistant.

Collector value is limited but if 10k, there is always some gold value, I would think it would fetch $200-$300 on ebay.
    Probably less here.

If the watch is a family keepsake, please let us know, we'll help you restore it. (help you spend your money!)