Help please (first vintage piece) - Omega Seamaster Automatic

I've bought a 166.0213 for 770usd recently, all original, even the glass. I think it was a bargain. Am based in Europe.

For that price, I would go for a 168.022 or 168.023, or any variation of those references. Better (imho), timeless design, and much better movements. For a bit more money you can even get a C-shape Constellation (ex 168.027), and you can't beat that.

If you really like that design, than by all means go for it. The first one looks in really good shape; dial is clean and the case pristine with the original finish. The second one is more beat up, so of course it's reflected in the price. Still, both I think are overpriced.

I've bought a 166.0213 for 770usd recently, all original, even the glass. I think it was a bargain. Am based in Europe.

Nice patina while still in shape, looks like you got a fine piece for the price if the guts are good compared to what I was looking at last night.

Nice patina while still in shape, looks like you got a fine piece for the price if the guts are good compared to what I was looking at last night.
Yup, guts are a OK. I've got a thread on it where I've posted the pics of the movement (not a quality photo though).

You might as well check out the watches sold in this forum (got to main page and scroll down):
upload_2023-11-28_22-16-43.png

For that price, I would go for a 168.022 or 168.023, or any variation of those references. Better (imho), timeless design, and much better movements. For a bit more money you can even get a C-shape Constellation (ex 168.027), and you can't beat that.

If you really like that design, than by all means go for it. The first one looks in really good shape; dial is clean and the case pristine with the original finish. The second one is more beat up, so of course it's reflected in the price. Still, both I think are overpriced.

Yeah, I do like that design. The one in better condition is actually more polished than I prefer, but I do trust it will be in good working order which is important since I plan it to be my daily piece for a while once I bite the bullet on a purchase. Haven't heard back from the craigslist seller so I don't know much else about it yet, but I would be trying to negotiate them down regardless.

Just noticed on the first one that the day and date discs are of a different color; day is white while date is a light yellow. Probably changed at some point.