Help please - 1954 Omega Jumbo 38mm 18K

Hello everyone, I am a new member, interested in buying a vintage Omega and would greatly appreciate any advice and insight you can offer on this watch that I am considering purchasing. I think it's a beautiful watch, and I have a large wrist so I like that it is large for the time period. My question is whether it is authentic (seems strange that the dial has "Swiss made" at bottom cut-off) and, if so, whether replacing the crystal will devalue it (and approximate cost to replace), and whether it's gold or gold-plated. The asking is $1,500. It's advertised as follows.
Really appreciate any help you can give me!

Serial 14,553,236
lug to lug - 45.5mm
Case - 38mm
All $18K
Weight 32.1 grams
Omega 266 Manual Wind; 17 Jewels
Est. 1954
Currently running, but crystal is scratched and cracked and case has dent at 2

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

The crystal isn't an issue, but I'm a little disappointed that there are no markings inside the case-back.

Is that so unusual as to be a red flag? I checked serial number for the movement and the caliber number, and they do appear to be consistent with 1954.

It's quite unusual. I guess it could be a nationally cased watch, but even those usually have markings. Hopefully someone will recognize it. Do you know what country the watch comes from?

Unfortunately, I don't know other than that the seller is selling it from the US.

Genuine Omega movement housed in a generic 18K gold case. These tend to be underweight relative to size due to hollow lugs and thin frames.

Genuine Omega movement housed in a generic 18K gold case. These tend to be underweight relative to size due to hollow lugs and thin frames.

Thank you! Does generic case mean not Omega - that an Omega movement was placed in some unrelated case, or would this have been the original case?

As mentioned above, it does not appear to be an Omega case. Certainly it's not a case from the Omega factory. And Omega watches cased in the US had Omega markings and case-maker markings.

Thanks, sorry, just learning the terminology! So sounds like I should pass on this one as price seems to assume it's the real deal at $1500.

I wouldnt spend that for this watch with unknown case origin. Look for Omega cal 2639 larger size with same movement from this era, many variants with seconds subdial- can find a nice one for much less than this and you have a nice vintage Omega all the way through.

I wouldnt spend that for this watch with unknown case origin. Look for Omega cal 2639 larger size with same movement from this era, many variants with seconds subdial- can find a nice one for much less than this and you have a nice vintage Omega all the way through.

Thank you for the help!