Forums Latest Members
  1. Lxsman1 Feb 6, 2018

Hello all. I have a question regarding strap lug width. I have a Speedmaster professional 145.0022 that I picked up last week and I wanted to get a leather Omega strap with the deployment clasp. I went to one of the AD here in Houston and was told that the lug width was 19mm and they would have to check on availability of a regular brown calf strap in 19mm width. They contacted me today and said only a croc strap was available in that size but that the calf was available in 20 mm. My question is will 1mm more in width be a big deal. It's only .0394 of an inch difference. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to DM me. Thanks in advance.

2. AnotherDon Feb 6, 2018

The 20mm strap will likely compress enough to be shoe-horned in between the 19mm lugs. It will be cramped. The only downside is that the extra pressure of the strap against the lugs will cause the strap to fray on the edges.

An alternative is to buy the Omega clasp or an aftermarket clasp and then go to ABP or Camille Fournet and have a 19mm strap custom made. While it won't be an Omega strap, it will be a very nice strap and only about half the price of that OEM strap from Omega.

:thumbsup:

Lucasssssss likes this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 6, 2018

Don't know what they used to measure, but the last time I checked the 145.0022 has a 20mm lug spacing.

4. gdupree Feb 6, 2018

I second that a 145.0022 would have a 20mm lug width, so I'm not sure what the discrepancy might be. In either case, a 20mm strap usually works just fine for a 19mm lug width for most people, but if you really have a 145.0022, then a 20mm strap should be correct.

Welcome from a fellow Houstonian. Which AD did you stop by, if you don't mind my asking?

Lucasssssss likes this.
  5. Lxsman1 Feb 6, 2018

I went to Shannon fine jewelry on 1960 close to Willowbrook. They measured it with a digital caliper. I didn't measure it personally but probably should have. I'll have to measure it at work with my own calipers.

6. gdupree Feb 6, 2018

Nice! Haven't been in that one. I'm more on the SW side... a quick measure with your own calipers will most likely confirm the 20mm. Some modern LE's, like the First Omega In Space, share their 19mm lug width with the early vintage models. But beyond that, I would be surprised if yours measured at 19... Let us know what you find.

7. Kmart Feb 6, 2018

In the future, you can always just google the reference number of your watch followed by "lug width" and it should come right up. All moonwatches (including LEs like the Silver Snoopy, Speedy Tuesday, etc.), starting with ref. 105.012, use the same case and have a 20mm lug width. Pre-moon speedies (105.003, 2998, etc.) and most other straight lug models (FOIS, CK2998) have a 19mm lug width.