Help on Omega Seamaster ref. 165.002

Hi, it's my first post here on the OF, happy to join the community. I'm currently trying to add a no-date vintage Seamaster to my collection and there is one that caught my eye. Seller claims that the crystal is a generic replacement (which I can see myself) and that the dial is factory original. I'm no expert in the topic yet, but to me there is something off about the font/letter spacing on the dial, especially the 'S' in the Seamaster. Can you please help me concluding if it's original or a redial? Big thanks :)
am9noebarbra1.jpg exvfqfbarbra1-2.jpg exvfqfbarbra1.jpg okkiwebarbra1.jpg

Hi and a warm welcome!

Dial is original IMO

Hands [EDIT: Hour and minute hands] are wrong , crown is also.

Thus said take a close look at movement, caseback etc.

Good luck!

Agree, dial is original. Those hands can be correct for a 165.002 but only for dials with black painted/inlaid hour makers so likely replacement.

Thanks for the input. These answers really surprised me tbf. Now I can see that hands are indeed not matching, but for some reason I wasn’t able to spot that before posting. I guess I need some more research on the topic :)

Thanks for the input. These answers really surprised me tbf. Now I can see that hands are indeed not matching, but for some reason I wasn’t able to spot that before posting. I guess I need some more research on the topic :)

We all learn here every day so look around and have fun!

If you like to share some pics of your collection go ahead! :)

It’s often the case that you don’t notice an irregularity until you look at a clear photo.

That said, I also vote for original dial (and buckle) and I wouldn’t be in any rush to change the hands or crown. I’d just wear it.

Welcome to OF