Forums Latest Members
  1. Ssolanos Apr 28, 2016

Hello everyone. New on these forum. Omega Colombia isn't providing any help with the identification of a new watch I bought through the Internet. No papers. No former owner information.
    Omega Colombia charge me US 100 just to open it and find the serial number. Extremely expensive I think. Want to know what I bought. As you see is in extreme good condition. Every piece of info will be more than welcome. Thanks a lot.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. Ssolanos Apr 28, 2016

Another picture

image.jpeg
    Dr No, GregH and jimdgreat1 like this.
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 28, 2016

4. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Apr 28, 2016

You don't need to go to Omega to get that watch open, just a good watchmaker. From your pictures it looks like the movement would be accessed through the top. There's a tool that will compress the crystal so it can be lifted off and then the crown is removed; then you can see the movement and get the numbers off of it - serial number and caliber - and the case number inside the caseback. If it's a gold watch the hallmark will be there too.

Nice looking watch...

Foo2rama and Ssolanos like this.
  5. Ravineman Apr 28, 2016

I like it. If you get it open and take good clear pictures, the guys here will know all about this one. Seamaters are one of the favorites here.
    A watchmaker maker in his own small shop would be glad to open it for free .... just so he could look inside too.
    Enjoy the watch !

Ssolanos likes this.
  6. jimdgreat1 Apr 28, 2016

That dial! :D

Ssolanos likes this.
  7. Ssolanos Apr 29, 2016

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I'll try to look for a watchmaker, which might be difficult to find in an undeveloped country as mine. I'm affraid of making it open and ruin it.....
    I'll let you know.
    Regards.

8. TNTwatch Apr 29, 2016

Nice watch! But there are some bad advices here. Opening the watch is one, how to open it is another.

You need someone who is experienced with opening this kind of watch or risk damaging the soft gold/gold filled case and crystal. Externally.

It's easy to open, but compressing the crystal will not be possible to remove it, since it's held down by the bezel. Just carefully pry the bezel off - there should be some small opening around it - and the crystal will come along. The crown will have to be pulled off, then either the the locking ring or the whole dial + movement have to be turned in order to remove them.

It's simple for someone who knows, but there are still a lot of risks of damaging to the hands and dial, not really worth all that trouble just to see some numbers.

Just find a good watchmaker then get the watched serviced along with info and pictures. You'll get everything done in one move.

Foo2rama, Ssolanos, GregH and 2 others like this.
  9. dialstatic Apr 29, 2016

You have to have her opened up to be sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be an early 1960s 18k Seamaster DeVille reference 14910 with a 562 movement. The dials came with and without 'DeVille' on them (source: omega vintage database). The lugs look very similar, as does the small 'bulge' on the caseback next to the crown. Style of indices and hands also seem to match the example below. Note that the S on Seamaster looks different though.

Nice watch!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Edited Apr 29, 2016
    OMGRLX, Ssolanos and GregH like this.
  10. Ssolanos May 1, 2016

So happy to find people like you with that amount of expertise and the will to share. Thanks so much. I will post a more detailed picture because as dialstatic says, the S in Seamaster looks different. Also the texture of the dial is different. Mine seems to have a kind of textured rather than a plane dial.

dialstatic likes this.
  11. Willem023 May 2, 2016

That 'S' is also called a 'coathanger' S and the dial looks fine too: they came in different shapes and sizes.
    Can't tell the correct combination of 'S' and YOM. Crown seems correct.

M2Cnts

OMGRLX likes this.