Help ! Omega seamaster calendar 2627 CASE …

Hello !! I ´m searching a case for a Seamaster calendar 2627 . If you have one i’m interested ! Thxx all .

Welcome aboard! This is not quite how it works, I’m afraid - there’s a specific part of the forum dedicated to want-to-buy requests and you’ll need 200 posts to be entitled to post there.

However: Very nice hobnail dial you got there! That’ll be an absolute stunner once you find a good case. Make sure it’s a sharp one, the dial deserves it. You could also go for a stainless steel one by the way, but they’re generally not easy to find in good nick. My white(ish) example says hi:

IMG_5499.jpeg

Like 4
If you haven't done so already, trying searching for a donor watch with a suitable case on eBay, Chrono24 and similar platforms. And yes, nice hobnail dial!

Quoted member MtV
Welcome aboard! This is not quite how it works, I’m afraid - there’s a specific part of the forum dedicated to want-to-buy requests and you’ll need 200 posts to be entitled to post there.

However: Very nice hobnail dial you got there! That’ll be an absolute stunner once you find a good case. Make sure it’s a sharp one, the dial deserves it. You could also go for a stainless steel one by the way, but they’re generally not easy to find in good nick. My white(ish) example says hi:

IMG_5499.jpeg
Quoted member MtV

IMG_5499.jpeg

hello, thank you for the welcome and sorry for the non-compliance with the rules, my English is not very good. I found a seller on ebay for a chrome case but I would like to keep the authenticity and find a gold case. your seamaster is superb!

Like 1
A "chrome" case will most likely be steel (polished, possibly), as there were no chrome cases from Omega in that era. To find a gold-capped one is possible, albeit a difficult task. To find a solid gold case... well.
Either way, your best bet would be to find a full donor watch. I'd like to emphasize that there will be patience involved to find a sharp one. If you check out an example, compare the edges of the lugs to mine above. Don't settle for something too polished. The dial is better than that! It's a great find, I'd have picked that up in a heartbeat, too.

Just did a quick search on eBay and found this: AUTHENTIC OMEGA CASE STEEL ORIGINAL FANCY LUGS 2627-1 SC AUTOMATIC ONLY CASE | eBay
I'm not offering an opinion on whether it's genuine or in satisfactory condition, but I do note that the seller accepts returns and that would seem to minimize the risk.

upload_2023-12-21_19-15-43.png

I will offer an opinion that this case is in pretty good condition. A rub with a blue Blitz cloth will bring back the original shine nicely without dulling the edges.

Gold capped cases tend to have softer edges, because of the process in making them.

Black dial and gold furniture with a steel case was a thing back in the 1950’s.

I think it would look very nice. The price on the case is not exorbitant, either.
gatorcpa

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Like 3