Forums Latest Members
  1. watchesrecordspb Feb 2, 2017

Taking this one down.

Edited Feb 18, 2017
    gminnj and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex Feb 2, 2017

3. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Feb 2, 2017

The dial has surely been reprinted. Move along.

4. watchesrecordspb Feb 2, 2017

tyrantlizardrex and DirtyDozen12 like this.
  5. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Feb 2, 2017

Hey @tyrantlizardrex! thanks for tagging in...

hmm OP... totally different case reference to ours yes its a 33.3 relatively poorly serviced movement but a nice caliber nonetheless i suspect its been "bodged" together with other 33.3's tissots omegas and lemania 15 cht's (finishing and wear look different on nearly all parts of your movement)

33.3 still its ok HOWEVER this is where the similarities end! ours is a ref 2077-1... 2077 being a MONOBLOCK case and a rare and desirable waterproof case and reference Don't look at OURS (£20,000 price tag) and expect then ALL to be worth this 33.3 are "uncommon" ref. 2077 are rare 2077-1 are Grail chronographs. Subtle differences but drastic end results in price and collectability

we are often offered these two part cases with "OK" dials and much better movements that what you have here we tend to pass at around £4000 on MOST condition is key and this reference as it is far from "rare"

However(more) @DirtyDozen12 has seen through that frankly nausea inducing fake tea stain "your turn to piss on it mate" bullshit imposter "patina" and has seen that indeed the lettering of your dial looks like it was done by an epileptic toddler after a large glass of scotch with a couple of colored sharpies

Nice strap tho...

tyrantlizardrex and oddboy like this.
  6. tyrantlizardrex Feb 2, 2017

:D

7. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Feb 2, 2017

sharp lines

Uniform finish on movement

Not :dark bits / light bits, clean bits / dirty bits, ridged bits / smooth bits

SAM_3633.jpg SAM_4123.jpg SAM_4278.jpg
  8. M'Bob Feb 2, 2017

So you're saying, with the correct meds, that the kid could do some nice work?

ConElPueblo and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  9. jljl123 Feb 2, 2017

Wow this is why I love OF. Always learning something on here.

10. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Feb 2, 2017

But hes a raging alcoholic (tho it could be self medicating) tho he is still 3 (and a half) and he literally point blank refuses to draw in anything but sharpies i asked him to do one of my dials once for a laugh see OP's 12 indexes "eyebrows" he said

his abstract sharpie work is good tho this piece is called "between two and thwee"
    upload_2017-2-2_18-58-54.png

M'Bob and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  11. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Feb 2, 2017

What a strange review...... first: it is not nice , to denounce one s watch to spruike the own merchandise.
    second: description of another watch with words like: piss on dial; tea stains and cobbled together mvmt., needs explanations. this is way out of line. it always depends, what you are looking for and the price, you are willing to pay. the OP posted a tired, but correct chrono. Dial and hands are consistent with the time. cant see teastains. cant see piss on the dial. will clean up nicely, if you desire to do so. but why would you? if that is, what was offered to you at a sensible price ( that only the buyer can determine, if it is worth that much to him ) in the shown condition and you have the money, buy it. wear it . and see over time, if you want to go further with restorations. both movements are correct. you would have no clue, fullywound, what exactly is cobbled together . maybe nothing. the movement pictures show the difference in service attempts. hush-hush service to get it back to working condition and a thorough service person from the beginning. and if you choose your light in the photographs carefully, many critizised " dark bits " in the movement pictures will disappear and "sharp lines" be appear..........fullywound, your 2077 chrono is not a grail watch, it is a nice watch and a good example. everybody can call his merchandise a " Grail". does not mean, it is one. it is a Grail to you. fine. but do not denounce other, perfectly legit watches. in short to the OP : if you can afford that (and it is correct in my opinion), buy it as a first step into that segment. maybe later you find a better one and upgrade. or you decide to spend pounds 20,000 in 12 months time ( or maybe it is pounds 40,000 then...) and buy fullywound`s omega. everybody can charge, what he wants. maybe you will not get it. but this collecting is a long term game. find your starting point and go from there. every 33.3 caliber gets rare now and recent auction sales show that. have a look at Phillips , geneva. that gives you an idea. and a price point might be the hammerprice without the premium in the moment. kind regards. achim

12. tyrantlizardrex Feb 2, 2017

Looking through AJTT, and accepting that some of the stuff in there is also not 100% kosher, I'm inclined to believe that's a repainted dial @watchesrecordspb - there are some parts of the 33.3 dials that seem to be fairly consistent, the font used for the 60 second track for example is different on the one you've shown to any of those in AJTT.

Here are the closest to what you've posted pictures of.

I think this is an old, and not particularly good redial based on these...

IMG_2979.JPG IMG_2980.JPG IMG_2982.JPG IMG_2984.JPG

13. Vitezi Feb 2, 2017

Psych likes this.
  14. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Feb 2, 2017

+1

15. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 2, 2017

I agree, it may have been done quite some time ago, but it's definitely not as crisp and clean as I'd expect the original inking to be.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  16. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Feb 3, 2017

are you taking the piss? look at that dial i genuinely think the dial is either A) a vintage redial which i think is VERY unlikely there is no real wear to the lettering mostly uniformed splodgy brown i would be almost certain is "applied patina" or B) a modern redial made to look heavily patinated
    the movement has different finishing on nearly all parts its not a uniformed finish

that watch is simply not right...

ask advice get advice you give your advice but dont question mine.

Psych likes this.
  17. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Feb 3, 2017

failing that you buy it

anyway what is the asking price OP?

18. M'Bob Feb 3, 2017

To be fair, questioning each other's advice is sort of what makes this fun, and interesting, no?

I don't want to speak for a him, but my sense is that he has no issue with you offering advice, just that it may have come across a bit too high-spirited. I'm guessing you meant no insult, you were just being creative with your writing. But correct me if I'm wrong.

FullyWound and tyrantlizardrex like this.
  19. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Feb 3, 2017

your wrong i wake daily solely with the intention to insult everyone..

yea of course i was making a funny..

BUT that dial did make me angry i still find it hard to believe its genuine patina and the movement IS terrible (you made me question myself but i'm not wrong not on this one)

BUT @watchyouwant HAS got a point nobody asked for the asking price of this timepiece! Maybe the seller is TOTALLY open and honest maybe he said "look whoever put this movement together had no real integrity for finishing.. Yea the dial was redone quite badly but we did cover up the "freshness" by browning it a bit... So in light of this AND the fact that the case seems to be in rather fantastic condition (bar of course the XL crown) you can take this little fella at £2000 - £2500"

in which case I Hold up my hands and apologize wholeheartedly...

Otherwise OP if your seller is a P***k and he's asking anything over £5000 my initial response stands.

M'Bob likes this.
  20. watchesrecordspb Feb 8, 2017

taking this one down

Edited Feb 18, 2017