Forums Latest Members
  1. profglenn May 5, 2019

Hi. My name is Glenn. Thanks for allowing me to join. I’ve got three Tudor Black Bays and thought it time I bought an Omega! So I bought the new Seamaster on Saturday priced at £3600. Got the blue on bracelet.

I’m a bit concerned about the action on the crown and hope someone might have some advice- I’ll explain. I know the threads are on the inside of the tube so it works differently from the Tudors.
    So most of the time when I screw the crown out and then back in, it feels fine. However, on a couple of occasions, when I push the crown in to screw the crown in, there is a click and if you let go it clicks back out again- almost as if you had jumped a thread or the crown stem tube had moved or something. I tried a few more times and on a couple of occasions it seemed slightly offline as might cross thread so I unwound and started again. It then seemed a tiny bit gritty which could be crown debris or machining debris. On a couple of occasions it wouldn’t lock into the threads - but I tried it again today and it seemed fine and I took it back to the shop and it seemed fine to them.

I also noticed that on the manual wind there was a click on one turn and I could also feel and hear the manual wind still engage a little when screwing the crown back in. As I say however today it seemed ok and the shop thought it was ok.

I know all watches have idiosyncrasies and I also know that they are all different.
    I am not sure if I should be worried or whether the watch will settle down.

Thanks a lot for any advice you might have.

Best
    Glenn
    —————————————————