Forums Latest Members

Help needed with Bracelet

1. CaliberKingPin Mar 5, 2021

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting this bracelet fixed. I know when it comes to Rolex that getting parts is not easy so was just wondering what my options are?

I'm trying to help out my father in-law fix his 1968 Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air King Date bracelet.

Below I have added some pictures of the end links and the broken parts that need replacing, they have worn through. Not sure what they are called.

Any help wold be appreciated.

Thanks

End Link.jpg Rolex Band End Links.jpg Rolex Bracelet .jpg

2. Dan S Mar 5, 2021

I would suggest having the whole bracelet restored, since it is looking pretty stretched out. Your options include Rolliworks in California and Classicwatchrepair in Hong Kong. Those connector pieces will be fabricated if necessary.

3. CaliberKingPin Mar 5, 2021

Great thank you.

Have you used either of them before?

4. Dan S Mar 5, 2021

I've had two bracelets restored by Rolliworks, both rivet bracelets. One was a Swiss 7206 and the other a US-made C&I. Based on the end-links, yours appears to be a C&I. I would use them again. Michael Hui does good work and he is excellent with his communications. He also restored a case for me.

Michael Young in HK also gets very good reviews and has been restoring bracelets (as well as other restoration) for a long time. It's possible that MY may be a little cheaper, but the shipping costs may eat up some of the savings.

You might also want to ask both of them about their current lead-time.

5. CaliberKingPin Mar 5, 2021

Thank you for the additional information and references.

sorry but what does C&I mean.

Thanks

6. Dan S Mar 5, 2021

They made bracelets for Rolex, but I could be wrong, it could be a Swiss bracelet. Can you show a better photo of the engraving on the clasp? Any numbers on the clasp or on the back of the bracelet links? I don't mean the end-links, you already showed the 57.

7. Dan S Mar 5, 2021

OK, sorry, I should have done more research. This is likely a 7205 Swiss bracelet with 57 end-links. You will probably see 7205 somewhere. There may also be a date code on the clasp.

8. vibe Mar 6, 2021

I am having a 7205 19mm rivet and a 7835 folded oyster restored at rolliworks and the cost is $450 each and the lead time is currently 4 weeks on mine.

9. CaliberKingPin Mar 6, 2021

Thanks vibe.

I have a few more questions if you would not mind.

Here are few pictures of the markings I found on the bracelet.
    So do the numbers 1, 69 mean it was made January 1969?
    Was this bracelet made out of Nickel or steel?
    Is that what Steelinox means?
    So from these better pictures can you guys confirm this to be a 7205 with 57 end links?

I appears to be a Swiss made given the markings on it like Dan said.

Last question is about polishing it seems that in a lot of the threads guys look poorly on polishing a watch is this different for a band?

I can't seem to find any other numbers on the bracelet.

Was this bracelet made out of Nickel? As well what does Steelinox mean?

Band #'s copy.jpg Band Det's.jpg Band Side View.jpg

10. sleepyastronaut Mar 6, 2021

11. Dan S Mar 6, 2021

Yes, January 1969. STEEL INOX is just a way of saying stainless steel. INOX is short for "inoxydable". Yes, appears to be a 7205 with 57 end links. 7205 should be on the back of the final regular link, not the end-link.

Rolliworks will allow you to specify how much surface refinishing you want, on a numerical scale.

12. CaliberKingPin Mar 6, 2021

Thanks

13. CaliberKingPin Mar 6, 2021

Man your guys knowledge and willingnes to help out us amateurs is great.

I am very thankful.

Right on the money with the 7205.

Dan what would you recommend for the amount of polish? I don't want this to look crazy polished just cleaned up. I don't really like the over polished look, it looks not natural to me on these older watches. Is there a polish number you prefer or get your bracelets polished to?

Bracelet 7205.jpg

14. Dms5150 Aug 23, 2021

Similar issue for me here, I have a c&i rivet bracelet where the endlink connector bent and snapped completely. Looking to send to Rolliworks, but also really like the unpolished look. My Tudor is ex-navy so I feel like the scratches tell a story somehow. Hoping they can make make new tight connectors while preserving the dents and scratches.

@CaliberKingPin let us know your results when you get it back!

15. vibe Aug 24, 2021

They will polish to your exact specifications