Forums Latest Members
  1. anglerman2011 May 29, 2020

I am new on here and caught the watch bug about 2 years ago. I have been looking at vintages Omegas for about a year, and still searching for my first. I really appreciate all the of the knowledge and insight shared on the site. I found this watch at a local yard sale. These are the only pictures I have been sent. My questions are:
    1. Is it authentic/original when i comes to the case dial etc? I know it is tough to tell for certain without a look at the movement
    2. Any idea on the year or reference number?
    3. Assuming it is original (i have been told it works and keeps time very well), what would be a fair price range given the condition?

Any insight or feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance.

Seamaster Front.JPEG Seamaster case back.JPEG Seamaster side.JPEG Seamaster Bracelet.JPEG
  2. omegastar May 29, 2020

IMO, bracelet and watch are mismatched.
    Ref. might be 165.003.

3. amcclell May 29, 2020

There is a 7 row BOR bracelet that pairs with this case reference.

4. anglerman2011 May 29, 2020

Thank so much, do you fell the the dial is factory original?

5. amcclell May 29, 2020

There is too much that is unknown about this to establish a fair price.

6. amcclell May 29, 2020

Looks original but in rough shape, although the photo quality looks poor. What is your budget?
    The unevenness in alignment of the minute markers to the hour markers could indicate a repainted dial but you would need several clear photos from different angles to determine this accurately.

7. anglerman2011 May 29, 2020

Thanks, I am considering taking a flyer for say $400, but would appreciate any thoughts if that is too much risk for potentiality rewards. If you think patience would be better, i am happy to take that route.

8. omegastar May 29, 2020

I think the case is quite nice, it has it original shape and doesn’t look to have been messed with.
    Dial is difficult to assess but I can’t see any flaw or sign of a refinish.
    The bracelet does not fit the watch because the lugs are flat when the end pieces are curved, but it is a nice bracelet on its own. You could sell it and get some money back.
    A service will probably be welcome.
    400$ would be a nice price.
    Good luck.

9. anglerman2011 May 29, 2020

awesome, thank you all for the prompt feedback. I think i am going to take a shot at it and will report back if i get with some better pictures.

10. GSby May 29, 2020

Hi. I’m new to Omega Seamaster. I have a question. Why does some vintage Omega has only “swiss” on the dial and some “swiss made”. I have this example with me that only has “swiss” on the dial. Is this example redial? Most of the examples I see on the internet has “swiss made” on the dial. What exactly is this case model?

76DAD6D8-BF57-4D11-AA83-6C31DCA12E35.jpeg
  11. amcclell May 29, 2020

Bracelet is probably worth $200 if it fits a 7.5 inch wrist and is in decent shape. It is anyones guess regarding the movement condition and could be a costly project if the movement is rough. The description "runs fine" means very little on a vintage watch.

12. Spruce Sunburst dial fan May 29, 2020

You could have found out more about the age and condition of this watch if there had been photos of the movement (showing the serial and movement numbers) and the inside of the case back.

I think that most of the OF buyers would want that information before deciding.

Having said that if you can get it for US $400 including a bracelet valued above at $200, it may be a gamble worth taking if you can afford to.

13. Maskelyne May 29, 2020

The watch looks all genuine when I asses it by the quite poor pictures. The dial seems to be in fine condition, I see no sign of a redial. The case has it´s bevels and angles and it´s in good condition.