Help Needed: Is this Seamaster redialed?

Hello friends,

I came across a hobnail Seamaster 2577 today. The photo is a bit crappy. The crown is incorrect. I need your help to know whether this is a redial? I've never seen a font like this. Thank you! The price is about $250. Thank you.
WechatIMG233.jpg

I’m not sure it’s a redial, but the dial was very harshly cleaned to the point where it will always look unnatural unless it is redialled. It was probably extremely dirty and could have been “dipped” in some chemical that stripped off the lacquer.

Here is a dial on a 2577 with similar fonts:

1727177142391.png

gatorcpa

The Seamaster on the OP watch looks poor to me.

I’m with @gatorcpa on potential original but cleaned dial. Need more clear photos, especially from straight on, to know for sure.

I’m not sure it’s a redial, but the dial was very harshly cleaned to the point where it will always look unnatural unless it is redialled. It was probably extremely dirty and could have been “dipped” in some chemical that stripped off the lacquer.

Here is a dial on a 2577 with similar fonts:

1727177142391.png

gatorcpa
I don't think my posted one has an original dial. The space between s and e is too small.

Newbie question:
Did the Seamaster script ever have perfectly flat “e”’s?

IMG_2759.jpeg IMG_2760.jpeg

I thought they were always at a slight angle
IMG_2763.jpeg IMG_2762.jpeg
IMG_2764.jpeg

There are so many permutations of “Seamaster” on these early watches (including not al all), I can’t say if there are any rules to it.

I based my opinion on the font and location of “Swiss Made” at the bottom of the dial and the fact that the dial still has dirt in the crevasses.

More recent rediallers have gotten wise to placement of “Swiss Made”, but then the dial would have been clean and very white. Older rediallers didn’t care. We rarely see “Swiss Made” on older redials.

So I am digging in on original, but very damaged.
gatorcpa

There are so many permutations of “Seamaster” on these early watches (including not al all), I can’t say if there are any rules to it.

I based my opinion on the font and location of “Swiss Made” at the bottom of the dial and the fact that the dial still has dirt in the crevasses.

More recent rediallers have gotten wise to placement of “Swiss Made”, but then the dial would have been clean and very white. Older rediallers didn’t care. We rarely see “Swiss Made” on older redials.

So I am digging in on original, but very damaged.
gatorcpa
After seeing the detailed pics- agreed, it’s original but nasty. These textured dials had some oddities as the surface has to be a pain to stencil.