Help needed for my planned acquisition

I am planning to buy this piece from a local seller. Need your help to check if its an original piece and want to know if this movement is any good as I read that Omega 1000 series movement have some issues

The watch looks OK to me at first glance. I cannot find the exact case shape or reference number on the Omega Vintage Database, but this is also true of a lot of 1970’s vintage watches from Omega.

The cal. 1002 movement is one of the “problem child” movements. Omega had more issues than usual with these and quickly introduced the cal. 101X series in 1972. However, if kept well serviced, it should be OK for occasional use. You would want to get the watch inspected by an Omega trained watchmaker as soon as possible after purchase.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

It's an awesome-looking watch, hope it works out for you!

The watch looks OK to me at first glance. I cannot find the exact case shape or reference number on the Omega Vintage Database, but this is also true of a lot of 1970’s vintage watches from Omega.

The cal. 1002 movement is one of the “problem child” movements. Omega had more issues than usual with these and quickly introduced the cal. 101X series in 1972. However, if kept well serviced, it should be OK for occasional use. You would want to get the watch inspected by an Omega trained watchmaker as soon as possible after purchase.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

The seller also have these pieces with him. Which you would suggest I should go for?

Which ones do you like?

Also, you have not mentioned price. That’s an important factor, too.
gatorcpa

Which ones do you like?

Also, you have not mentioned price. That’s an important factor, too.
gatorcpa
My top choices are,
De ville Blue dial 111.0112 (~$500)
Sea Master De ville crosshair (~$800)
Sea Master L6298 (~$600)
Constellation Chrono 153.029 (~$600)
Seamastrr Cosmic 166.026 (~$700)

I think prices are on the high side, unless these not in US dollars.
gatorcpa

I think prices are on the high side, unless these not in US dollars.
gatorcpa
They are indeed in US Dollars.

looks like a round peg, in a square hole... i prefer the cosmic, but it isn't my wrist asking. tell us what you choose.