Forums Latest Members

Help me learn more about my vintage Omega trench watch

1. Harizc Feb 24, 2020

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and to watch collecting in general. I was hoping to learn more about the vintage omega that I recently purchased and am hoping that you would be able to help!

From what I can tell based of the markings and serial, it was originally an omega pocket watch - movement reference ADJ2TWO FROM 1927, though the case seems to date from 1930. Is it common/correct for the two to have different serials? From what I can tell, the case appears to be made of silver but I am unsure. The hands and crown do not appear to be original, which I am alright with - I enjoy that this is clearly something that has been used and modified to suit the needs of its owner.

I’d love to hear more about it that you are willing to share. Thank you for taking the time!
    Chris
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. timecube Feb 24, 2020

Hope your dog is feeling better!

3. Harizc Feb 24, 2020

Haha my apologies, when I uploaded it I accidentally copied the other images from imgur! Edited to fix :)

timecube likes this.
  4. 140dave Feb 24, 2020

Yes, perfectly normal for the movement to have a different serial number from the one on the case.

5. Harizc Feb 24, 2020

Thanks :) good to know. Anyway for me to find out if it’s the original pairing?

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 24, 2020

You could always try for an "Extract From The Archives" if you're prepared to cough up the money.
    I don't know if their records go back that far.

The case is silver and has a Swiss silver hallmark for 875 silver as well as a German silver hallmark which may mean that the watch was sold on the German market. I would date it to around 1930. Caliber is probably a 26.5T2 15P.

Benbradstock and cvalue13 like this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 24, 2020

That’s like the third 7.2m with that I’ve seen in 3 days.
    Cool piece.

8. alexei.joukovski Feb 25, 2020

I'm not convinced the hands are wrong. They could be correct.
    The shape is referred to as Syringe.

I have a gold plated 26.5 trench watch with enamel dial, mine has a 7 million serial number as well.
    The case I have is also omega signed which is nice, it is not a Denisson/other type of case.

I love these watches. A little hard finding nice straps, Options are: NATO strap (looks a bit off), NATO style Perlon strap, Leather strap cut and glued to fit (that's what I did with mine).

The 26.5 is robust and reliable. Despite no shock protection I haven't had any issues.

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 25, 2020

why not just a custom leather single pass through? Like this?

E8893788-0057-4A05-B2BB-D76BE69F7574.jpeg