Forums Latest Members
  1. Brandonmclark Nov 11, 2015

Hey everyone, I'm new to this world and after reading many of the forums I am ready to buy my first vintage seamaster.

Can you help me decide which is a better deal? (Also please help me verify if they are authentic)

1. 70s manual seamaster ($535)
    2. 1969 constellation ($697) image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

2. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Nov 12, 2015

Could you tell me what's the Caliber of the Seamaster, and the serial number? -- I can't quite read them on the photo. The caliber is a three digit number stamped near the Omega symbol, and the serial number is the long, multi-digit number stamped on the movement. It's possible this watch could date back into the 60s rather than the 70s; these numbers would help answer that question.

Brandonmclark likes this.
  3. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Nov 12, 2015

The first one is not a watch from the 70's Jones, its a manual wind with a cal 2XX from the late 50's or early 60's and its over priced in my opinion. The second watch looks to be polished and the movement has seen better days (noticed the rotor scrapes)... I would pass on both due to the conditions and price

Brandonmclark and Hijak like this.
  4. the future Nov 12, 2015

I'd go for the 2996 Seamaster. The price is a bit high, but it's not too bad. It has a nice movement and the case is a nice size. It's the same case as used for the centre seconds rancheros. As stated above, its not from the 1970s though.

5. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! Nov 12, 2015

That 2996 seamaster probably has a 284 cal in it

6. Hijak Nov 12, 2015

+1 on this, both a no go IMO.:thumbsdown:

7. Brandonmclark Nov 12, 2015

The caliber is 285, but I can't make out the serial number from the photos. Should I be worried about that?

8. Brandonmclark Nov 12, 2015

So I'm hearing, if I bought either, it would be the manual wind seamaster. I think the price is negotiable, where should I land?

Thank you all so much for the insight!

9. tdn-dk Nov 13, 2015

The Seamaster is a Transformed Ranchero, properly from Sweeden. I would take it :)