Forums Latest Members

Help: Looking for Arrowhead Markers+Stainless/Silver Dial > Also was this a legit Seamaster?

1. dlukask Jun 11, 2014

First, your response to my question is greeted with a ton of respect and gratitude. I'm very new to the world of Omega watches, but as a knowledgable person in other areas, I can appreciate those of you who know what you're talking about. I am hoping the wiser of you will help me. I have always been fascinated by watches. I recently discovered the greatness of vintage Omega watches, and I would like to find the right one to eventually spend the money on.

Before actually doing any research, I stumbled upon the proceeding 1959 Seamaster on eBay and was bidding on it. [Please see the images below...] I lost the auction, but I am suspecting it was a good thing(?) After doing just a little research and reading some of the great wisdom on this forum, I'm curious if this watch was even a legitimate specimen. Looking back, it looks like a couple of the markers have glue protruding from under them...?

Another question is, did Seamasters typically come with these Arrowhead markers? I've seen them on quite a few Constellations, but this is the only Seamaster I've seen like this, so far, all stainless (presumably).

This watch captured my attention with its details, and I am very much hoping to find a similar vintage Omega that might be accurate "enough" as a daily wearer – I'm not opposed to the normal resetting that accompanies old automatics though. I really love the look of this watch, and was hoping some of you might know of models from a similar vintage that have these features. The aesthetic features I am most interested in are:

> A stainless steel case
    > A silver/stainless/brushed dial
    > "Arrowhead" markers

Are Seamasters and Constellations the only watches that would have these details? Which is considered the "better" of the two models?

Thank you very much.

(Also - if anyone has a similar watch they might be willing to put a price on, I'd be really interested.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 11, 2014

Constellation over seamaster. And that seamaster dial you pictured doesn't have the arrowhead markers all around.

3. Dablitzer Jun 12, 2014

Constellations are preferred too IMO.

Here's a white arrowhead pie pan:

[​IMG]

And a textured earlier dome dial variant:

[​IMG]

Here's a textured centre arrowhead seamaster. But with Arabic numbers. They do exist! :)

[​IMG]

Hijak, NT931 and lando like this.