Forums Latest Members
  1. Claven2 Oct 16, 2019

I sourced a really nice condition No.1118 bracelet for a Geneve chronostop, but one of the No.123 end links looks to have been filed to 17mm instead of the original 18mm on one side o the end link (or alternately, it could have worn excessively there?

In any event, the rest of the bracelet is too nice to give up on, so I'm hoping to figure out where to source a replacement. These can only be changed by bending - they aren't pinned on in an easily removable fashion. I'm assuming I may need a thrashed or broken bracelet wth a good end link or something like that.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Worst case, I guess I could have it laser welded and re-shaped, but that would be pretty spendy for what it is :(

Snowman likes this.
  2. Claven2 Oct 20, 2019

Some pictures to illustrate my issue. I suspect that because the end links aren't meant to be user-replaceable, I would need to find a ruined bracelet with one good link remaining.

[​IMG]

The badly worn end link corner:

[​IMG]

Bracelet reference info:

[​IMG]

The "good" end link:

[​IMG]

The worn end link from the top side - you can see how it wore at an angle:

[​IMG]

Might be a long shot, but if anyone has a lead on a garbage 1118 with 123 end links that is only suitable to salvage a good end link, I'm you man :)

3. Claven2 Oct 23, 2019

Anyone?