Help in identifying an WWII-era Omega. Medicus?

Hi everyone!

Been thinking about creating an account here for some time now. Great to be here!

Could someone help me identifying my recently bought vintage omega? I'm pretty sure that it is Medicus.

Got it from an auction fairly cheap.

Thanks and nice to see you all! 20210426_084316.jpg 20210426_084020.jpg 20210426_083950.jpg 20210426_083919.jpg

Hello @vflygare and welcome to the forum!

Vintage Omega cognoscente will insist that the model name "Medicus" only refers to a specific square-case model with a center second 23.4SC caliber. The watch, with its large sweep second hand, was marketed to doctors as a useful tool for measuring heart rates. However, we've all become sloppy over time, and most folks (including Omega) now use the name Medicus to refer to all of the early 23.4SC wristwatches. I am hoping our early Omega expert @Tire-comedon will arrive to advise as to your exact model.

Hello @vflygare and welcome to the forum!

Vintage Omega cognoscente will insist that the model name "Medicus" only refers to a specific square-case model with a center second 23.4SC caliber. The watch, with its large sweep second hand, was marketed to doctors as a useful tool for measuring heart rates. However, we've all become sloppy over time, and most folks (including Omega) now use the name Medicus to refer to all of the early 23.4SC wristwatches. I am hoping our early Omega expert @Tire-comedon will arrive to advise as to your exact model.

Thanks for the reply!
I went thru google image search and found that a lot of different kinds of vintage omegas are referred and sold as "medicus".
It might be just like you said, that sellers etc. have gotten sloppy 😜

Thanks for the reply!
I went thru google image search and found that a lot of different kinds of vintage omegas are referred and sold as "medicus".
It might be just like you said, that sellers etc. have gotten sloppy 😜

Call it a Calatrava and sit back and watch the riots 😁