Forums Latest Members
  1. robotjam Feb 25, 2019

I have been searching for a few days online and been through all the vintage screenshots on the omega website and can't work out what this watch is, it doesn't have any sort of names or model numbers anywhere on the outside or in the case.
    The only thing I know is that its from the late 70's/ early 80's as my grandad got it for 25 years at work and was handed down to me and it has this engraved on the back.

Anyone got any idea what it is or how I can find out ?

Thanks in advance, Rob.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 25, 2019

Photos of the inside case back and movement. please.

3. robotjam Feb 25, 2019

[​IMG]
    That's the case back it says GARRARDS & CO Ltd

I dont know what you mean by the movement ?

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Feb 25, 2019

inside the watch, not the box.

Bumper likes this.
  5. Edward53 Feb 25, 2019

He means the inside of the watch body (case) and the mechanism (movement). Best not attempt to open it yourself but get a watchmaker to do it. My initial thought is it's a generic Omega, ie no specific brand such as Seamaster etc, probably with a 1012 movement.

BenBagbag likes this.
  6. robotjam Feb 25, 2019

Right, yeah Im not going to attempt that myself :) If it's just a generic one is it worth finding out, or are they fairly worthless ? I have literally no idea what these would be worth, I don't want to wear something expensive which is why its never been worn but I won't be too worried if its not got any value.

7. Omega world Feb 25, 2019

Hello,late 70's watch, making part of De Ville ,Omega's line.

8. ConElPueblo Feb 25, 2019

An old Omega in nice condition like yours will always have some value, but it will not be appreciated be a collector to the same degree as a lot of other models. If you get it serviced there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to use it regularly and it would probably outlive you :)

Mac5 likes this.
  9. Edward53 Feb 25, 2019

It's not worthless but it's not one of the more sought-after models. If it's gold cap or gold plated, it's probably worth say £150-ish, £200 max, a bit more if it's 9ct gold. Inscriptions tend to hurt the value unless they are for something exciting, which to be fair yours probably isn't unless your grandad was a test pilot, racing driver, Alpine guide etc.. I thought at first the watch might have a 1012 movement but looking again at the watch there is no "Automatic" on the dial, so it will be a manual wind of some sort. Might be a 613 but I'm not up on manuals of that period.

10. robotjam Feb 26, 2019

thanks, its definitely a manual winding one. He worked at esso for 25 years so no thats not very exciting :)

11. nttisch23 Feb 28, 2019

Would be a nice daily wearer after a service, still has a little bit of nice value!

12. Syzygy Feb 28, 2019

1.) it's an attractive watch
    2.) it was passed down to you by your Grandfather, so it's more valuable to you than it will ever be to anybody else (excluding family, of course)
    3.) get it serviced, tell them to 'keep it original'
    4.) wear it with pride and cherish the memories each time you check the time
    5.) maybe some day you'll pass it down to your grandchild and keep the story going