Forums Latest Members
  1. abaig1996 May 3, 2015

Hey all, I am new here and would love some help identifying this omega pocket watch I picked up at a local market place. I suspect that it is from 1911 but I cannot be sure. Any help with identification and giving a value would be greatly appreciated.

Edited May 3, 2015
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 3, 2015

Its a pocket watch that someone has later on (probably very recently) soldered some lugs on to attach to a strap, the trouble with these old pocket watches is they were made in the millions during that era from the very late 1800s to early 1900s, and nobody ever threw them out or damaged them particularly badly so most of them are still around. As it is the cost of servicing it will be more than its worth, its probably worth about its weight in silver which isn't much as the condition is quite bad between the cracked dial and modified case, $50 or less. If you paid a lot more than that I'd consider taking it back.

3. abaig1996 May 3, 2015

Thats very disappointing, I paid a considerable amount for it. I will probably be taking it back. Thank you for your help